Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Party Identifier

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Aprz, Jun 9, 2014

1. Mar 26, 2012
    I think the party system has been a great success, but the party I am think it would be even better if we had some sort of way to visually identify that somebody is in our party while in game without having to remember people off of plist or being able to point at their name to see if they got the party name in their tag or name. I was wondering if we could something simple like maybe put a dot floating above them or something else like that to identify that they are in your party?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Maybe when we connect to the server, if we are in a party we could get a message saying "so and so is in our party and what not?
    • Mar 26, 2012
      But the difficult thing is when you actually play sometimes you don't see names or don't remember who is in your party. I know we don't encourage friendlies and don't discourage backstabbing, but in the culture of ZM right, a lot of people who are either friends, in clans, or parties don't stab each other or backstab unless the server is near empty when it's inappropriate to play friendly. It just kinda sucks for those of us who get killed or kills someone we consider a teammate (even if actually on opposite teams considering zm vs cts).
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 5, 2012
        Have a hud(heads up display) appear with all the party members name, that you can toggle on and off once you type !plist. This could solve the problem.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 26, 2012
          That's a good idea. Only issue is really being able to target their name in game and react fast enough since there isn't an actual identifier on the player themselves (you still have to look at their name and look at a list).
        • Jan 21, 2011
          I don't see this as an issue. Friendly zombies suck.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jan 5, 2012
            Your floating dot suggestion could solve this, but i don't know if it's a difficult thing to implement.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            I'm afraid that I personally cannot see any additional benefit to this that doesn't already have it's own simpler solution.
            Can't see your teammate? !pfly
            Don't know who's in your party? !plist

I feel that parties are already further reinforcing preexisting cliques and this can only do more to encourage that.
            From what I can gather, the only potential benefit to your suggestion is that you won't accidently backstab a friend?
            You should be backstabbing that fucker on purpose.
            You're a zombie, it's your prime directive.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              I like it for the same reason's Aprz explained, some parties don't like back stabbing each other. Could probably do something that I have already seen before like the green colour skins in Paranoid for the winners; with that, I don't think anything new would have to be introduced and you could still easily differentiate between CTs and zombies.
            • Mar 26, 2012
              Pfly only works at the beginning of the round. Plist doesn't show you visually who is in the clan. You have to read a list temporarily, you have to be able to target that player. For people who aren't active in a party like the one I am in I am sure they don't see this as useful, but people in my party definitely felt that this would be useful to us, and I doubt we are the only party like that. Backstabbing and not being friendly is encouraged, but isn't something we have to do. The game can be fun in different ways whether you're on your own, you are with a group of CTs or zombies, or that you are in clan that doesn't care if you are zombie or CT (as long as they aren't griefing their actual team).

I'm not saying that this is an issue, but just something that could improve the party system and therefore the game for people who are active in parties.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 25, 2014
                • Like Like x 1
                • Oct 11, 2012
                  Being in the same party as Aprz I am biased. I would love to visually see who is in my party and who is not.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Apr 16, 2014
                    The worst thing to do is kill a "teammate" prematurely. You only kill them right before they're about to die :grin:
                    I love this idea of a Party IDentifier. ('!PID on" maybe?) You like to backstab? Sure! Suit yourself. No ones stopping you. Nor will this new feature if it's integrated into gameplay. Either way backstabbers will continue backstabbing and friendlies will continue friendlying.
                    Preventing "premature teammate backstab" is just ONE of the possible uses for this feature, and we won't know of all the uses until we actually try it. :smile: Here are a few of the many possible uses:

Scenario 1
                    !pid off: You see a ct run past your cade. You don't know if he/she's a cade-breaking noob. Oh well, he/she is better off dead. ^^
                    !pid on: You see a ct run past your cade, but he has a dot above his head. You know he is a friend and won't break your cade so you call him back and save him.

Scenario 2
                    !pid off: Round starts and you're following your friend. The crowd of noobs makes you lose your friend. You try to pfly and you've run out of time. You're dead.
                    !pid on: The round starts and you're following your friend. The herd of noobs doesn't do anything. You follow the dot and live.

Parties have already segregated people into cliques but luckily its not a dramatic separation (nor will adding this feature make it any more dramatic.) Adding a simple dot just lets you know a friend is nearby who can possibly be of benefit to you.
                    We won't know until we try it. I say you guys develop something along the lines and give it a trial period of two weeks. If there is as significant of an impact as you guys think then you guys can simply remove it.
                    I'm 100% in favor.
                    • Winner Winner x 2
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      Can we maybe also add a future if you are in a party stuff like goomba stomp don't work, so you don't ascendantly turn people.

It will help allot with certain spots where you got to stack and some people certainly don't want to have people on there heads so the spot get real mest up.

BTW omg psych first post.
                    • Feb 13, 2014
                      If you don't want to goomba someone in your party, don't stand on their heads.

I see where Aprz is going with his suggestion, however I'm not sure if it's completely necessary. I know who is in my party without looking at the list. Every so often I take a moment to check who might have joined the server or left with plist, but I never have an issue questioning who is in my party. (Except for when I pfly @Joshy and he has left it but that's another story. :giggle:). With the name target, it doesn't happen often, but I know my party always has a good laugh if we accidentally stab one another. As well, putting a dot above someones head to be able to follow them better sort of takes away from the challenge of getting to a spot as a group.

I think this would just be a luxury and although good benefits to this have been brought up, I think it would take away from other aspects of the game. We already have the commands that allow us to do what this thread is looking for.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Jun 10, 2011
                        And what about those of us that purposely want to goomba people in our party? These suggestions just sound like a lot of work for the benefit of a few, but I guess we won't know until Kyle or Brian respond.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
                      • Feb 25, 2014
                        Wel i'm not in any party major, but what i do see sometimes is people messing spots up because they freak out when someone jumps there head, most cases it is there own team m8's.
                      • Sep 25, 2010
                        This is intentional. We don't want zombie hats. All they do is end up getting in the way of all zombies.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Oct 11, 2012
                          I see this more as a use to work together to survive more so than preventing killing a friend/party member. I think Psych's scenario of losing your cade buddy and pfly not working anymore is a prime example. I could careless if I die by friend/party, but it's nice to cade up with folks you know/play with. For me, playing with friends is where the fun is at.

I wouldn't disable goomba for parties. Said zombie hat issue above combined with I think that would purely have a sole use of not getting tagged into zombie.
                        • Apr 16, 2014
                          Lets keep all other suggestions on another thread and focus on the "party identifier" stuff. No anti-goomba nonsense XD
                          • Like Like x 1