Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Party System

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Jun 28, 2013

1. Feb 3, 2012
    The Party System only seems appropriate on ZM. Considering sm_pfly on ZE? Hell no!
  2. Nov 11, 2011
  3. Mar 13, 2013
    They should probably just take 10 seconds to learn crouch jumping. if they are left behind because of that, they will most likely not survive until the end of any ze map, and constantly bringing them to your location would just be a mess.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    I agree. An idea popped into my head!

Besides, all the skills I have in ZE are ones I've learned from years in ZM. Run/gun, crouch jumping, jukes, everything I use. Really if anyone is having trouble in ZE play ZM a alot and you'll get better.
  5. Jun 11, 2012
    No to all this....But party chat..that seems cool. So you you can chat with couple of friends without clogging the regular chat or having to go back and check what said person. Like factions chat in JCMP. Of course I'm not sure if Kyle has the party system in modules and can just incorporate the party chat feature only in ZE.

Again it's not a big deal, but would be a cool features.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 12, 2007
      Im excited about the ZE possibilities, a good example of this is mako spawn, ppl spawning in A7 car will no longer have to kill themselves or die trying to back pedal. That is if and when it comes to ZE.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      The party system on ze isn't op at all. Teleportation doesn't disable when zombies spawn, it disables depending on the minimum spawn time setting for zombies. You really don't have that much time(arround 10 seconds). So far I have not witnessed any potential abuse of the party teleportation system on ze.
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Everyone has a fair chance at getting materia, what's the problem?
    • Oct 29, 2010

Somebody is absolutely lacking in humor. . .
    • Sep 25, 2010
    • Mar 30, 2012
      Reposting this here, since it seems to have been ignored in the Changes -thread, and is now irrelevant to that thread.
      Shouldn't be hard to implement(?)
    • Mar 12, 2008
      could always edit the screenshots or not talk while you're taking screenshots?

You have to type out a party's name in order to join it so if it's short, or someone's name then it's easy for anyone to join.

imo the best name for a private party would be as;djadsal;ha;lgh;gh;alkg;hg.
    • Mar 30, 2012
      There is more than 1 way to hide the party join command from the chat, you know?
      For example, you can type "sm_party Klouds_Party" into your console to join a party without others seeing the party name.

You can't hide the party name when talking in the private chat, though.
      That's why i'm requesting this. But it seems like my request is being completely ignored(?)
    • Jun 11, 2012
      It might make sense to have the party name hidden not because for the sake of screenshot really but for readability, with a [P] prefix. This might reduce the amount of stuff you have to read before you get to the message.

For example:
      [Bender Superbulous Party] Bender: You're stupid
      It adds more to the chat and you have to read a while to get to the message. But if this was

[Party] Bender: You're stupid
      [P] Bender: You're stupid
      It makes a bit easier to read.

This is just a slight suggestion but thank you. I'm just working on top of Blue Dragon suggestion and this seemed logical to me. But again, loving the party system :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Benderius, Jul 23, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Jul 23, 2013
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I had it printing `[Party] Name: Message` before, but since Parties are intended to persist; figuring it would be wise to make sure the client knows what party they're in when the message prints. Maybe this was an isolated problem when I was testing with a small group of people, hopping from party to party? I could add another option to hide the prefix; or even revert the commit, but increasing the overhead of this is something I'm not looking forward to.

Unless if confusion isn't a problem? I know I certainly got confused, but well, we know...
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Mar 30, 2012

You can still type "@plist" to see the party name & its members..
          And really, who forgets which party they joined anyway? Sheesh..