Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pay to play The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in Gaming started by apollo, Aug 29, 2013

1. May 11, 2011
    If you have not heard recently it was announced that ESO is going to have a 15$ a month subscription fee, and i would like to know others thought about this.
    Personally i will not mind if the game turns out to be good enough to justify it.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    Better than making it free and gimping it by adding microtransactions
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 5, 2013
      Goodbye Elder Scrolls and, hello Everquest Next.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 11, 2011
        Will the quality of the game when it comes out change your view?
      • Jul 23, 2012
        It's 15 dollars a month with an in-game cash shop. No thanks.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Aug 7, 2012
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 11, 2012
          • Feb 24, 2011
            :tremble: :snowman: ?:dontknow::weep:
            :bunny::hammer:\__:pissedoff:__| - Raawrgh i'm angry!!
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jul 8, 2013
              I don't mind at all, I actually like it. Been paying a monthly subscription fee on WoW for over 5 years now, and if ESO turns out to be good I'll happily replace it with WoW.
              Not sure about the cash shop though, we'll see.
            • Aug 12, 2012
              If money ain't a problem at the time, I would get it
            • May 11, 2011
              Well for the cash shop there is always the classic ignore it option.
            • May 15, 2011
              Isn't $15 a month what pretty much everyone here pays for admin? o.O Why is that so bad? I can agree how in-game stores really suck since it basically becomes a pay to win game, which is fucking horrible, but a monthly subscription is not bad, in fact, any and all donators/admins here are paying a sort of monthly subscription, and for admins it's like paying to work.
            • May 2, 2013
              I totally refuse to play a pay to win game!! I' ve had enough of those, when you got no money you lose....

I don' t know but meh... :neutral:
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Hey look another MMO that'll be dead in a year, nope. So many damn MMOs out there. I wouldn't invest 15 damn dollars a month unless it was actually for something worth while, not something that will have less than a 1k online population after a year, just to be cash cow. Since it's taking the Elder Scrolls theme and turning it into a multiplayer, I can't help but think that it will only be "the next big thing" until they go decide to work on something else in a year. It's Probably why I enjoyed Runescape.
            • Jul 23, 2012
              Difference being those 15 dollars could be a significant portion of their spending money. Paying 15 dollars a month for a game you'll be playing more than administrating on the servers could also factor into that.
            • Jun 11, 2012
              If they do the SWTOR model which I still pay 15$ a month, I would be down. SWTOR has both the monthly fee and in-game cash shop but I never used it. Bioware did this model really well since each month you received 500 Cartel Points (conversion from cash to in game credit) for every month you keep the subscription going to which you can use for whatever you want (witholding gameplay affecting stuff of course cuz that be dumb yo, we aint want no gold seller around here boy).

I'm not against the idea of a monthly subscription because that's what the market expect of this game. They can't do the traditional 60$ because they won't make the dent they need to be profitable, also the constant complaint from gamers comparing this MMO to every other like how many people complained about GW2 to everything else will be bad. People have a mindset, they have to abide to that mindset, deviate it and you find yourself in bad waters.
            • Aug 12, 2012
              hmm 15 a month for elder scroll or 15 a month for admin on pF hmm