Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PayPal & Admin.

Discussion in Help Desk started by P@P@_ROASTER, Sep 21, 2012

1. Jul 16, 2012
    I'm trying to pay for admin using PayPal. I have my bank account attached to my PayPal. When I go through the "Get Admin" selection screen and come upon the payment checkout page, I click on "Change Payment plan" I choose CC / ATM Card and proceed to check out. Some how or another PayPal keeps recognizing this as an echeck and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Notes :
    I do not have any money in my PayPal at the time.
    In the past I have not had money in my PayPal and have been able to purchase Admin fine.
  2. Jun 4, 2006

Not sure if that link will work, but it's the page where you set your available funding source. Uncheck your bank and use a card instead. Then go through and try to purchase admin.

If the link doesn't work, you get to the page by going to Profile -> My Money -> My preapproved payments (hit UPDATE) -> Then look for "Set Available Funding Sources" on that page.

I just found this otherwise I would have thrown it at you in your PM.
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    Trying that now.

Now I am receiving a "You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money."

Along with that, when I try to pay using just my CC / ATM number, it tells me I'm not allowed to use it due to it being attached to a paypal account...
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    hah.. classic paypal account limitations... I guess you need to keep your bank "activated" ... I'm stumped on why it's defaulting to e-check on checkout after you change it to a CC then. :dontknow:
    Post Merged, Sep 21, 2012
    You have your card added as a source of funds as well right?
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    Yeah, I have it added. I'm just confused as to what the hell is different between this time and my last 3 donations... >.<
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    think real hard... didn't make any changes to your paypal account recently? using the same card? same checkout process or does it look different? Take a screenshot of the checkout page where you can see your options?
  7. Jul 16, 2012
    I haven't touched my PayPal account since I last donated, same card as always. Here are SS's of the Checkout process, it looks the same as it always has.
    Would it be possible for me to remove my CC/ATM card from my PayPal then pay without using PayPal?

Attached Files:

8. Mar 12, 2008
    You have been having a ton of technical problems so far. Are you sure you havent got a virus/keylogger?

I had these problems once too, it turns out a virus was making background changes to a bunch of my stuff. Had to do load a restore point and re-scan for viruses.

If this isnt the case, call paypal or email them and see if they can reset any limitations you might have.
  9. Jul 16, 2012
    Well I just reformatted yesterday and only things I've downloaded thus far have been from trusted sites :razz: (I don't download anything unless I know for a fact it's trusted).
    How could limitations effect it? Just curious D:
    Here's a SS of my limitations screen.
    Okay, I said fuck it and just removed my card from that paypal and did a direct payment though my card. :grin:

Attached Files:

• PP
      File size:
      287.6 KB
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1