Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PC headphones. (OLD)

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Ghost, Apr 26, 2012

Which set of headphones would YOU buy?

#1 11 vote(s) 57.9%
#2 2 vote(s) 10.5%
#3 3 vote(s) 15.8%
#4 3 vote(s) 15.8%
  1. May 14, 2011

I am looking to buy a set of PC gaming headphones for around £100 (thats $161.93). So far I have been looking at the Logitech G35 and the Razer Megaladon. My requirements are, it has to be wired and it has to to have good surround sound. Hopefully someone owns one of these so can help me out in my choice.

If you guys have any opinions on this please reply.

Because i will be adding to the vote as this thread goes along i will update the options here:

#1 : Logitech G35
    #2 : Razer Megaldon
    #3 : (none)
    #4 : Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed-Ear Gaming Headset (A really nice cheap pair of headphones. For the casual gamer)

Thanks for voting and replying!
    Ghost, Apr 26, 2012 Last edited by Ghost, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Jan 14, 2012
    G35 here. Sounds ok, has a mic and fits nice around the ears to cancel out other sounds from the environment
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I have the G930 which is basically the wireless version of the G35 and I love it. I don't use it much because of the closed ear design because I like to hear whats going on around me usually. The headset I use most is my logitech H760 which is also wireless but its open ear and behind the head so it doesn't :clown: my hair.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Dec 6, 2011
        If you're a tight-wad and like to save cash, you don't really need anything big. Try these: Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed-Ear Gaming Headset

They're really comfortable (I've gone 12 hours without taking them off)and I've also fallen asleep in them and they still were extremely comfy by the time I awoke.

The sound quality is excellent, and the mic works perfect. They're surprisingly durable and well-built for $21.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jan 21, 2011
          Plantronics may be a newcomer to the PC headset market, but their products are fantastic with great prices.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Yes, I have no clue why these are so cheap. They feel like clouds sitting on your ears and head. Also, for the cords, they aren't those cheapo, flimsy, ugly colored ones. The cords are all black with small little symbols for headset/microphone input instead, a nice all black with red accents on the headphones portion. Mute button and volume wheel are halfway down the cord, and the wiring is coated in a sturdy feeling rubber that has shown no signs of tear from my aggressive usage/storage. :silly:
          • May 14, 2011
            I really like them but I want a premium product. I switch headphones once a year or so, never making the mistake of going wireless again. What i really like about the ones i put in the first post if the 7 speakers in them. It make superb sound quality.

I guess they are cheap because no one really know about the company. I sure didn't until you told me about it.

But I will also be recommending these to all my friends that are on a budget
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Honestly man, give them a shot. They're $20, so it's not like your ruining your whole month's paycheck for them.
          • May 14, 2011
            Yeah I think I might. Just for a try. But keep this thread running as I will probably get another pair on top of these. I guess these are nice for music, movies because of the comfyness and also for casual gaming. But for hardcore BF3 these wouldn't cut it for me. Well I will see.

*EDIT* Selling for £11 on Ebay UK. Bargain.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Buying used isn't a great way to go, most of the time you'll end up with a defect on them somehow.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 29, 2010
              It's disgusting buying used headphones, something about wearing something that was on probably someone else's greasy hair and sweat in the foam doesn't sit well with me. Unsanitary.
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
              • May 14, 2011
                EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, neva gunna buy used again. You forgot about people jacking off with headphones on.[/quote]
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Dec 6, 2011

Well, I was thinking of putting something like that, but obviously against forum rules :sweat:
                • May 14, 2011

headphones
                • May 15, 2011
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • May 14, 2011
                  • May 27, 2008
                    G35 owner here. They are amazing. I absolutely love them, and they come with three headband pads that you can swap at any time. Three buttons on the left ear that allow you to open your Winamp, iTunes, WMP, utilize controls in said applications, or to map them to a voice changer that comes with the headset itself. The mic quality is great. This last thing is a gimmick, it has a mute button on it's side, or you can mute it by flipping the mic straight up. I say it was worth every cent.
                    • Informative Informative x 1
                    • May 14, 2011
                      looks like G35 is the winner. Will order quite soon as soon as i know i got the cash for my old headphones (PX5)
                    • Dec 6, 2011
                      The only downside is that the 7.1 is said to be shit. =\