Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PC Temperatures

Discussion in Technical Support started by Highlander, May 20, 2013

1. Sep 6, 2010
    I've recently replaced my stock CPU fan with Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer liquid cooler. Also, I've installed a couple of programs to monitor my PC temperatures. I'm currently using HWMonitor I've used another program to monitor PC temperature and it showed the same elevated temperature. I'm concerned with TMPIN1 temperature. It always seems higher than the others (right from the start up). I've trying to google what TMPIN1 is but had various answers. I'm thinking that it is some sensor on my motherboard and hopefully it is not a CPU.
    The motherboard I'm using is: MSI Z77A-G45 Intel 7 Series
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K BX80667i73770K Processor - Quad Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 3.50GHz
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670
    If anybody knows what the TMPIN1 is or any general feedback is appreciated. I'm including the screenshot.

PC Temperatures
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    It's your northbridge and it is on Fireahhhh, baby it's on fireahhhhh
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 6, 2010
      Oh thanks for the reply. Is there any way to cool it down? I was thinking if maybe my new CPU cooler is not working properly and causes that...
    • Mar 20, 2011
      Usually the northbridge is near the CPU and has a fat heat sync, you would need to possibly rig some type of air cooling apparatus to the area of it to assist in cooling. Second thing is not to overclock so hard, that is if you are overclocking.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 21, 2007
        you need better airflow through your case. As stated above, its usually a heatsink and heatsinks work best when they have a steady flow of air over them.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          This is a common issue when watercooling. The CPU fan usually puts incidental airflow over the VRM/NB heatsinks. What watercooling does is takes away that incidental airflow because it moves the fans away from the CPU socket and puts them on the radiators.. What you need to do is put it back.

You should actually be able to get more stable overclocks with a cooler VRM.
          Ghost, May 21, 2013 Last edited by Ghost, May 22, 2013
        • Jul 8, 2012
          How do you people get such low temperatures? :/
          [IMG]
        • May 14, 2011

Capture
        • Jul 8, 2012
          Is it bad that I have watercooling and have those temps? xD
        • May 14, 2011

If you have 240mm radiator then it is bad. You should re-mount the heatsink. Also, was that at idle? Also what is your ambient temp?
        • Jul 8, 2012
          It's the H80 watercooling thing for the CPU.
        • May 14, 2011
        • Dec 6, 2011
          My gawd, you can cook a steak on that (DISCLAIMER: Please don't cook in your PC because it will smell yummy but will break momentarly).

Better airflow helps. Making sure your fans aren't obstructed. Check if fan are dirty, more weight on fans makes it harder for it to turn at max speed. Open the side of the case and see if temperatures go down.

EDIT: I didn't see the part of the watercooling...carry on. I will be here eating my tuna sandwich
          Benderius, May 21, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, May 21, 2013
        • Aug 2, 2010
          • Funny Funny x 6
          • Sep 6, 2010
            Yeah, I don't have too much space though. In total I counted 7 fans. Maybe I'll get an additional smaller fan that blows on motherboard.
          • Aug 2, 2010
            Be sure your wiring is nice and clean as to not disrupt the flow of air.
          • Sep 6, 2010
            Yeah, my case is a bit packed. The water cooler took a lot of space but I somehow fit all the fans I had. I haven't checked my temperatures before installing water cooler but I was lagging in some games and now it improved. Although, I noticed Ms Zimmy also has elevated TMPIN1 temperature.
          • May 14, 2011
            This is an old video but still relevant about how to reduce NB temps:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_aqzrB0DM
            • Like Like x 1