Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Peace is an illusion which the mind can't be at peace with

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Trond, Aug 30, 2015

Do you think mankind can ever live in peace with one another?

Yes 1 vote(s) 8.3%
No 11 vote(s) 91.7%
  1. Jul 20, 2012
    As mankind has been in perpetual war since the beginning, with all its manipulation, brotherhood, injustice, lies, manmade laws etc etc... Can the mind create a system for mankind so that there will never be more wars?
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    This is just the beginning.
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    As technology has progressed, so does the weapons, and they are being used. So doesn't this mean that man will destroy man in the end? I think so.
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    There are people who simply don't have the chance to get a good education, there are people who don't want to get a good education, and then you have people with a good education being influenced by manipulators because they're too inexperienced. In other words, anyone who had the chance to get enough experience on how to turn in inexperienced people has the power to control a whole flock of sheeps into what he/she wants to.

War also comes from the inequality of wealth and causes despair to people who have next to nothing to live with. So, if any Hitler arises they will ALL follow him and kill and start war for their own sake. This has always been that way. The problem, however, is that no matter what kind of society or -ism we invent, there will always be people who are incapable of managing their environment, money/wealth and time to put it to good use. People get addicted so quickly, usually have no talent to manage finances etc. If you give a random poor living 5 million dollars, the chances are he's gonna lose that very soon. In other words, the poor will always exist, no matter what.

But, will we kill each other in the end? I'm not sure. We haven't yet seen a full-scale nuclear war, but, I believe that by now almost all countries realise what is the consequence of that. No matter what you'll do in war, you're gonna destroy something they need with nuclear weapons. They're so devastating, I don't think there are many people crazy enough to be responsible for triggering a weapon that could possibly even destroy a part of their own country. You couldn't even launch some of the most powerful weapons without damaging yourself this way (at least if I have to believe all the info and the destruction power some of these bombs contain). But, yes, there probably ARE a few crazy people who could do it, but I don't think it would be a rational thought. The only movement I could possibly think of doing it without ever considering the consequences are ISIS, mainly because I have the feeling all of the idiots in charge there are doing it in the name of God, and history has taught us that blind believers acting in the name of God blame everything they do on that, knowing that it's bullshit but giving them a reason to do so. They're killing one another over there without realising they're also destroying themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were one of the first to try it.
  5. Jul 20, 2012
    It isn't about being crazy, it is about mankind has divided itself in all kinds of shapes and forms. Such system cannot last indefinitely. Sooner or later it will collapse, as we see right now in these final times.
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    As long as we remain human, war is never going to end. If something were to change that, which I myself find very unlikely, then perhaps we could reach that which we all refer to as peace.
  7. Feb 8, 2013
    I've said it fifty fucking times guys... we need to purge.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Never gonna see the peace that star trek: the next generation brought us.
      • May 2, 2013
      • May 15, 2011
        Jesus is that you? Have you come down upon us mortal humans to spread your wisdom and tell us of the coming apocalypse?