Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Perhaps Insufficient Training?

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Rush, Apr 17, 2011

1. Dec 6, 2010
    ~Sometimes I have to run demo, use Admin Chat, AND call over another admin, while new admins are letting people slide on the Racism...

It's not my call, but rules is rules & lately the Trolls are off the hook with noone apparently willing to put them in check.

Submitted 2-Demo packages tonight, with a total of 5 demos with an Admin In-Game [albiet a new admin]....

Are we letting 1/2 of the racists slide or what?
  2. Nov 14, 2010
    Ya, I don't believe a warning is necessary. It's the 21st Century, and racism is pretty much a thing of the past. Why people use the words they do now, I don't know, but it sure does show ignorance, and should at least be a 5min insta-ban for first offence. A word-warning isn't as hard-hitting enough, and the newer admins DO need to step up their game. "Yay! you bought admin, woopie!" Now start acting like and admin. Be more intimidating if you have to. Ya, most of you want to be "The Cool Admin" that lets people slide, well that's the kind of crap that'll get you in trouble with admins that are more respected than you. Quit letting people slide, even if they're regulars.
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Attachments? Links to the Demos?
  4. Oct 22, 2010
    nupe, it depends on how they use it, and its a WARN first then BAN

but again, if they said "whats up niggahs' thats a WARN

if they spam N***** N***** N***** NIGGGER N***** (mic or chat) thats a BAN.

we've had this discussion 10000x.. seriously.
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    I believe this is about new admins not warning for racist remarks.
  6. Oct 22, 2010
    again, its about how its used, some need warnings some don't

NOW, if your saying new admins are not banning or warning well then we have a problem.
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    ^ Im pretty sure its this. Seemed clear to me that this is what he was saying.
  8. Apr 14, 2011
    Probably you are referring to me as that admin.
    Here is the thing. I don't like the idea of punishing others unless its an extreme circumstances. I know for sure when the time comes, I will have to kick and ban people. And when the time comes, I know that wouldn't hesitate.

And to be honest, I can't hear the mic very well because of all those firing sounds unless I try to concentrate and listen to them rather than focus on playing. So, I wasn't aware of problem until you pointed out in admin chat.
    I do however feel sorry if you and others were felt uncomfortable.

But hey, come on. How would I look like if I start ban multiple people right after the admin train. :biggrin:

Well again, if you felt bad when that happened, I sincerely apologize.
  9. Sep 25, 2010
    voice_overdrive 0 in your console, if you don't like it the default setting is 2.
    It mutes ingame sounds when a player uses the mic.
  10. Apr 14, 2011
    That would help a lot. Thank you.
  11. Nov 14, 2010
    I would do voice_overdrive 6
  12. Feb 21, 2007
    all you have to do is enforce the rules.
  13. Oct 22, 2010
    the circumstances are not for you to decide, if it is against the rules doesn't matter the offense, you have to WARN>KICK>BAN and follow procedure.
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    I'm pretty sure it's WARN>BAN
  15. Sep 25, 2010
    Check out the server rules it says warn-->kick--> ban.
  16. Oct 22, 2010
    only racism is Warn>Ban, all other rules are Warn > Kick > Ban except hackers which is demo >ban
  17. Feb 1, 2010
    Some admins dont even warn they just ban! [IMG]
  18. Oct 22, 2010
    google is automatic ban, its in the rules.
  19. Nov 23, 2010
    Yeah, I was online 2 days ago. And I was surprised by all the racism being used in the chat and voice chat.

Nobody got a warning or anything, but when Harvey came online he dealt with the racists.
  20. Mar 30, 2011
    if there was alot of racism in the chat at one time, and they see other people getting banned for it. dont you think they would know?