Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Permanent bans aren't very permanent

Discussion in News started by Brian, May 17, 2016

1. Nov 20, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      If you really want your friends to be unbanned, tell them to appeal via http://plaguefest.com/link-forums/protest-a-ban.167/ or to create a thread in CSA (http://plaguefest.com/forums/contact-senior-admins.151/). This "Free my bff Dave" shit isn't going to go anywhere.

FWIW, Taeyang was banned in June 2015, so his 1 year ban would be up in two months but he'll need to appeal if he wants it lifted, othewise he's currently set to wait another year (he's one of the 163 permanent bans given within the past year that were changed to 1 year bans).

Edit: I was under the impression all 163 perms in the past year were changed to 1 year bans starting today (well a few days ago), but rather only their lengths were edited so a player banned on June 12th 2015 will be unbanned on June 12th 2016, not May 2017 as I previously thought. This is the outcome we wanted. None of the 163 will need to appeal to be unbanned near their 1 year mark as they'll only have 1 year bans in place and not a day longer.
      Brian, May 19, 2016 Last edited by Brian, May 21, 2016
    • Apr 26, 2015
      Free yung boi
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 20, 2013
        1 year is too long. Why not unban those players? and if they continue breaking the rules just ban again.
      • Apr 26, 2015
        Bross pls. 1 year is shorter than permanent. At least most of these people get a second chance.
      • Nov 20, 2013
        kyro pls, wait 1 year fapping on your pc
      • Jun 4, 2006
        We're not going to unban all 163 permanent bans given within the past year, especially when a good chunk of those bans are recent (within the past month); we traded their perms for one year bans instead. They weren't included in the mass unban because they have not been banned for a year or longer like the other 1,260 permanant bans that were lifted. All of the unbanned players had endured bans anywhere from one year to three years, or longer in some cases. Because all the 163 perms within the past year were lumped together, some of those players will already be fairly close to their one year chip of 'banniety', while others will only be days or weeks into their ban. If any of the 163 want to play again before May 2017, they're welcome to appeal, and even if it doesn't go in their favor they can still look forward to playing again once their ban expires, something that wasn't an option previously.

Edit: I was under the impression all 163 perms in the past year were changed to 1 year bans starting today (well a few days ago), but rather only their lengths were edited so a player banned on June 12th 2015 will be unbanned on June 12th 2016, not May 2017 as I previously thought. This is the outcome we wanted. None of the 163 will need to appeal to be unbanned near their 1 year mark as they'll only have 1 year bans in place and not a day longer.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
          Brian, May 19, 2016 Last edited by Brian, May 21, 2016
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Does Taeyang even want to be unbanned? He was clearly trying to get banned in the first place.
          This was a pretty special kind of stupid if he actually wanted to come back eventually.
        • Jun 29, 2014
        • Aug 10, 2013
          FeelsBadMan
        • Dec 28, 2014
          I love this idea!
          i was thinking of doing an unban everyone for a while. I know some interesting things will be coming our way @admins..
          Post Merged, May 20, 2016
          not necessarily there is some hope still
          Illegal Content:
          on sight of famo =Immediate Permanent Ban
          [pF] jedi, May 20, 2016 Last edited by [pF] jedi, May 20, 2016
        • Feb 8, 2013
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Dec 28, 2014
          • Feb 8, 2013
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 14, 2010
              The only way to play runescape is to bot, IE, not to play.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Dec 28, 2014
                ?
              • Feb 8, 2013
                My account got banned for botting too. Botted 13 99's. Banned at 97 summoning.
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  Yo free my homie Taeyang he did nothing wrong. I don't know him and didn't know he existed as of today, but I don't see anything wrong with his language.

Also free my homie Pinky who's doing a bit upstate. RIP Brain, we miss you man.

You doing good Brian, stay taco bro!
                • Feb 8, 2013
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  Yo don't tell me to Suffocate The Fox Upward.

Ur Sig so big, it's bigger than my old Old Navy jeans I got rid of because running is fun.
                  • Funny Funny x 1