Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Personal model (Released)

Discussion in Creativity started by JorisCeoen, Jan 15, 2014

I have a...

Pretty face 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Ugly face 15 vote(s) 62.5%
No choice applicable 5 vote(s) 20.8%
  1. Apr 9, 2012
    Hello guys, I thought I would share this current little project I'm working on, and it's finished!

DOWNLOAD (Gamebanana)

This is a replica of my own that is now playable in Counter-Strike: Source. It's being entered for a contest and I'm already dead considering how many professional modellers there are on GB. However, it was purely out of interest and because I like participating at contests that I started this model eventually.

The other uses for making this model, aside for interest, is to both include it in my incoming maps but also because I'll be able to create my own characters for in my maps as well. After having done this process, anything similar goes the same way, and creating monsters is not much more difficult (in terms of modelling, because texturing is a whole other story).

So yes, that's basically it. I hope people will like the model, although of course I can perfectly understand there are just so much other more interesting skins. I cannot possibly imagine anyone using this skin really to play with it but rather just to test it for fun and shoot me... IN THE FACE.

The difference between this model and the other models that will be an exclusif skin on my maps for me (much like in Convoy) is that in those skins I will redress myself to the theme of the map. So for instance, if I'll release my cathedral map, I might give myself some monk robes or dress me as a knight or something in the like. That way at least it's in par with the map and I'm still different than the generic me.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Artistic Artistic x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      JorisCeoen, Jan 15, 2014 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Feb 10, 2014
    • Dec 8, 2013
    • Dec 2, 2013
      Jesus christ, you are ugly. (needs more acne)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Unfortunatly, these models take so many houres, that I cannot simply make another one xD
        Maybe someday if I'm bored, you could send pictures of you face. I need front, 45° turned from left and right, 90° turned from left and right and the back of your head. Then, make sure they are all in the same lighting and with extremely high resolution.
        Post Merged, Jan 15, 2014
        Here is the texture btw, however I deliberatly put the UV's on them so you can see how it actually renders the texture onto the model: http://imageshack.com/a/img585/4564/fhu5.png (I won't put it here as image since it's 5MB big)
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jan 1, 2013
          [IMG]
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Artistic Artistic x 1
          • Mar 16, 2008
            If you make a zombie, there is a good chance we will use it. just can't be too ugly.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2012
              What do you mean, making a zombie, like anything? Or a humanoid zombie (like was suggested not a long time ago).
            • Sep 25, 2010
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Mar 30, 2013
                Nice work, but your ears are a little like... Hmmm.. This:

[IMG]
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  Haha yea, that's because of the angle I took it xD normally that hair is to be put a bit differently so I don't look elf-like. I gotta fix that xD Maybe it's also because 3DS Max can't sort out what to render at first
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Oct 24, 2013
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Feb 3, 2012
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • May 15, 2011
                        I'd tap that. <3 Also, this would make for some neat MG concepts. Something like escape the Joris. Like Joris is a psychopath with a knife and everyone has to run away. I don't know if that's possible but it would be an interesting idea.
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                        • May 31, 2012
                          Very creative! This would be even more fun if you could borrow a 3D printer :grin:
                        • Feb 11, 2012
                          I was reading about you saying something like this in another thread, but is was for making someone else's face.
                          Looking at your face to compare on your display pic. Looks pretty damn good I think.
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Apr 9, 2012
                            Haha thanks ^^ Well the hair in the pictures I took for this model was shorter, because in my avatar it was exceptionally long xD You can definitly recognize me in the model and texture but of course it's never gonna be 100%.

Currently rigging the thing, but Valve's Biped is not quite easy to determine which vertis should go with which bone :hypnotized:
                          • Apr 9, 2012
                            Rigging is done, texturing is almost done, and exporting has been a piece of cake. Here is an in-game result:

[IMG]

I plan to finish the model with some extra vertices along some of the bends (especially the arms), and I'll make a secondary model with my jacket. Also shoes will be textured but I haven't been able to get proper photo's of mine xD So those will have to wait for a bit.

It's gonna be soon downloadable from GameBanana whereas you can all play as myself xD Let me know what you think of it!
                            • Like Like x 4
                            • Mar 30, 2013
                              Nice job. Admin add this skin on the server ASAP !
                            • Dec 1, 2013
                              Looks good. The only weird thing IMHO is the throat, but that might be the angle.
                            • Oct 18, 2012