Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Petition to have "ze_naruto" removed.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by BroStado, Feb 23, 2013

1. Jul 23, 2012
    Some of you have run into the glitch, some have not. Tonight we ran into the game breaking glitch on "ze_naruto" on our Zombie Escape server.
    The glitch consists of a human activating the trigger on Hard mode that activates the ZM concept of holding the town on the map. The glitch is actually having an entrance into the town be bugged not allowing humans/zombies in. Even if an admin teleported us to the next area, it would be impossible yet again since the actual wooden door into the town is closed and does not allow humans/zombies entrance.
    Below is a video of the glitch occuring:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMCCSYdYYY&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, we had to have an admin teleport both zombies and humans forward just to be able to advance on the map. At around :30 seconds, player Zombie Furbie points out that the player who caused the glitch "Leviathan" knew what he was doing, but that is not the case, whether or not the player knows what they are doing, the glitch happens anyway. If a player who does not have voice enabled, or does not speak english on our server is playing and glitches the map, is it right to blame them for glitching the map rendering it unplayable?
    If you feel as if my explanation is too vague or something, skip to 2:30 onto the video and Tarot will offer an explanation as well. Another explanation is in chat @ 3:21 by Syoudous.
    I believe the admins that were online were Joshy, benmytot, apollo, meowlady < 3 kittens, and Gangstalicious, so they would be able to provide some insight into this game breaking glitch as well.

And according to Josh from Management.
    "For a map to be added to rotation
    • Map must be stable
    • The map must be reasonably liked by everyone.
    • Limited to No bugs
    • 64 Spots (Not all servers are 64 slot but the map should be able to handle if needed)
    • Must be tested first"
    Source: http://plaguefest.com/threads/petition-to-have-ze_naruto-removed.14387/

The other glitch on this map is one where humans start out with no knife and run at a much faster pace than the rest of the humans. Some humans take it upon themselves to troll with this extra speed by activating triggers extremely early causing the other players to be teleported along with the zombies which slaughter them.
    I do not have a video of this one yet, but I believe half of the admins who were online at the time can also vouch for it since during the first round this glitch occurred as well.
    Doctor, Feb 23, 2013 Last edited by BroStado, Feb 23, 2013
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    U cant blame players the first round without a knive, if they spawn late they dont want to be infected and just run without buying weapons. However a good indicator are humans who are suiciding at the start of a round or sitting in spec just to join late ingame..they do it on purpose, but then admins can judge them.

I still dont fully understand the other glitch and how it is reproducable.... I played this map so often and nobody ever glitched it mhh ...does the map has an admin room to fix it?

So if we talk about ze_naruto glitches....the door at3:31 if u are inside it when its closing u get teleported to the end as a zombie but u are stuck. If a brainless humans just runs forward to the end the zombie might kill all humans^^

btw nice doorhugging in the vid , feel free to join the lovedoors grp
  3. Mar 12, 2008
  4. Oct 22, 2012
    This map needs a lot of work, i'm a friend of the creator (Crisys), and he promised a new version soon, but he are bought a new pc and he said that he hadn't css files (models, materials, sounds...), that had them hosted on dropbox and he need download it...

The problem of Crisys is that not much played the map, and this map have indirect bugs that he didn't know...

Currently, I don't speak with him weeks ago and I don't know if it will make a new version soon :frownbig:
    • Informative Informative x 3
      Kaesar, Feb 23, 2013 Last edited by .K., Feb 23, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Haha, we are 2013. There is such a thing as external hard drive disks xD
    • May 14, 2011

But a 8-16GB USB Drive would be fine as well.
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • May 11, 2011
      The way the map is right now it really should not be on the server.
    • Apr 9, 2012
    • May 31, 2012
      You are getting a lot more responses than me when I first petitioned :razz: Looks like the popularity is still really high for this map.
      Be aware of that trick, we have our ways to tell who is full of it and who is accidentally without spawning with a knife.

Sorry,

I knew about the problem but when I was trying to freeze the CT moving towards the end to prevent this problem, I forgot to type in the @ symbol and I accidentally kept freezing doctor instead because he had the two letters in his name. I was trying not to freeze 'em until I was absolutely certain that this would cause problems, I acted to late and made a mistake.

I support this petition but I believe the popularity of this map will still outweigh the problems of this map.
    • Feb 18, 2011
      The popularity of the map doesn't matter if it is glitchy enough it should be removed
    • Feb 21, 2007
      input?

Watched the video, not fully clear on how or what the glitch is? If a human makes it to a certain point, and they die...its supposed to trigger something (what) but it doesn't??
      retslag1, Feb 23, 2013 Last edited by retslag1, Feb 23, 2013
    • May 11, 2011
      From what i can tell on hard if a human makes it to the last hold point the map will bug like this.
    • Jul 23, 2012
      From what I've gathered, if a human makes it to the last point in the map it activates the ZM concept, if however they never actually make it to the ZM part, the map stays on Hard but does not allow us to advance forward.

edit: and while I get that the map is popular, I believe its popularity should not be taken into account since there are game-breaking glitches that would require us to have a level three admin on to teleport us ahead.
      The map should at least be removed until updated. I believe there is a new version that was released in December?
      I'm not sure, but here's a link: http://csszm.gamebanana.com/maps/168427
      Doctor, Feb 23, 2013 Last edited by BroStado, Feb 23, 2013
    • Nov 19, 2010
      From what I have experienced, once NARUTO goes to the ZM on hard and the humans lose, it'll change back to Normal. I'm saying this because it happened to us.
    • Sep 22, 2010
      Admins, if you click on the little arrow to the right of my name (in the quote) it will take you to the thread. Non-admins, too bad... buy admin :jump:

The only problem I haven't seen in a while is the third one.

I am shocked that I am getting player support haha.
      Joshy, Feb 24, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, Feb 24, 2013
    • May 31, 2012
      The bugs seem to be, in the case of the no-knife fast humans, a problem with the game_player_equip, which is an easy fix. The closed-forever wall problem is most likely that he used a func_brush instead of a func_wall_toggle, which retains its state from round to round (and is used to make levels), so changing the entity and the outputs would fix it. About the zombies spawning ahead of humans, I believe it is inteded, as I remember the map maker wanting to have a 'zm-boss' fight. If more than one zombie spawn, though, it is probably a bug -I believe it says something similar to 'The zombie master has to be defeated blubluhafhdhg'.-. Again, it would be easy to fix it in the case of it bugging and allowing multiple zombies to get in the teleport.

I don't know if the map should or should not be removed, as I find it to be a meh map (considering it has a good amount of brushwork taken from de_asia). However, if I get to see Crysys online, I could tell him the bugs in order to get a fixed version soon. He doesn't get on much lately, though; or if he does it is not when I am on.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 11, 2011
        After a little more digging i found the bug happens when humans reach the final hold point just before it turns zm and if they die it will bug and the only way to fix it will be to change maps.Also the map will reset if the humans lose not sure if this is a bug or not is this info satisfactory for you @retslag1 or do you need more?
        EDIT @ZombieFurbie can also give more details.
      • May 31, 2012
        Lmfao, I hope you didn't have to do too much digging. Not only did I make an entire thread on this issue but I re-posted most of its contents not as the person before you but the post before that with details.

I am usually in a pretty good mood but I feel sort of grumpy because I brought this issue up ages ago and it was completely ignored - even with my contribution to the topic it feels pointless. I just need to chill out I suppose :dontknow: maybe just too late for me or whatever haha.