Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Petition to remove 100 tick on customs.

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Hydreigon, Mar 31, 2018

1. Apr 28, 2013
    Idk why the server was changed to 100tick but it's common knowledge that 100tick breaks a lot of mg maps. Doors do not open/close properly. Some jumps/platforms are easier/harder to perform often leading to unintended shotcuts/hiding spots or impossible to complete rounds. Some map important entities break on 100tick.

I am aware that this server isn't 100% mg but to include maps that aren't playable on 100 tick leads to inconsistencies.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    yeah it is, unless yall just recently reverted it

i like the 100tic despite the broken doors and stuff, everything feels more responsive and it increases airaccel for bhopping and stuff

hydre does have some valid points though
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 28, 2013
      The problem is inconsistency. Most mg maps aren't designed around 100 tick servers these days. Even though 100 tick has some advantages, I believe the disadvantages in playability outweigh the advantages in mg's case.
    • Feb 6, 2017
      I was there when Ox changed it on a bhop map a few weeks ago. Maybe he didn't change it back.
    • Jun 17, 2014
      How dare you @Oxazebam
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Doors can be a little frustrating sometimes but the CM server feels so much better at 100 tick overall. I can't think of a map that necessarily breaks entirely off the top of my head either.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Gave this a try to see if it would fix doors but no dice, at least on mg_n64_goldeneye (only map I tested doors on). It did fix the deathvators on fy_highrise though.
      • Programming King Programming King x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Apr 28, 2013
        The "event" course maps like Serpentis Temple is another example. It's been quite a while since a Serpentis event/get together was done but alas it would be unplayable on 100 tick. Being from a mapper who is obviously more familiar with ze, he didn't intend that map for 100 tick.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        I did not. The plugin says it fixes slow moving doors, but our issue is doors don't move at all if a player is pressing against them. It's only an issue with doors that open vertically (I think, might be wrong on this).

Has Serp been played on 100?
      • Apr 28, 2013
        It's honestly been a while. I been hearing some triggers or moving ents may not function properly. One example is the aforementioned elevator room well prior to the fix you tried. Hope this fixes any moving brush entity stuff (func movelinear or tracktrain). Another example is hurt triggers do not slow the player down essentially making some traps too easy to avoid but it's possible there is a patch for that. Other than that, Serpentis will (eventually) need a revisit to see if it is playable on 100 tick after all.

A workaround for the moving doors on the other hand, idk what to say.
      • Mar 29, 2015
        Post Merged, Apr 13, 2018
        and as for 100 tick my vote is to take it back. its pure aids now.