Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Petition to remove Halo from the ZE server

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by ZombieFurbie, Mar 18, 2014

1. Feb 19, 2012
    Problems i've seen:
    *An easy way for humans to hide behind a zombie teleporter and delay the map infinitely with no risk of dying. Requires constant admin attention to monitor
    *A glitched warthog that almost always kills half the team when taken
    *The door before the boss can be stopped from closing completely through using a certain item, doing this makes it so that zombies are never teleported and humans can proceed to win the map while all zombies are stuck behind for a long time
    *The pelican at the end causes extreme server lag and can even crash the server
    *It's possible for a donator or someone with no fall damage to fall into a pit after the warthog and therefore fall under the map and delay infinitely

With 2 ways to delay a map, 2 map breaking glitches, a way to crash the server, and a glitched warthog, I don't see much of a reason for this map to be on the ZE server until these problems are fixed.
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nov 3, 2013

Oh no, how did I know this was coming. But, it would be nice to have these things fixed..
    • Aug 12, 2012
      and don't forget the zombie teleporter where human can stay there and can keep killing zombies and possibility end the round
    • Jun 11, 2012
    • Nov 3, 2013

Possibly the best map on the server..
    • Apr 28, 2013
      +1. Map is very bad in general and poorly made. It has some glitches, game breaking exploits, two broken bosses, and a laggy ending. I would have to say yes on that one.
    • Sep 9, 2012
      yes please remove! it! 90% off the time i log off when the server is on halo.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I haven't played CSS for couple of months so I never got to witness.

Here's my unbiased and unknown opinion which may or may not somewhat to a degree will or will not affect the outcome of the end goal: Don't :beauty:
    • Mar 8, 2013
      get rid of it. one of the most RTVed maps on the server.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Never liked that map when it was first added, and i still don't like it.
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Idk who decided it was a good idea to keep this map in the first place.
      Oh wait. It was @titty. That person that keeps suggesting shit maps on the server for no reason. I have said a lot about him in a post earlier that got a lot of dislikes. There are a few maps that need to be removed because of him and I have a list in mind. Also, some of these random maps he suggested can be replaced with classic maps instead.

EDIT2: And he basically forced everyone to vote yes to keep halo on the server. That's the real reason why halo was on the server in the first place.

And titty, stop suggesting random shit maps on the server.
      Hydreigon, Mar 18, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Mar 18, 2014
    • Feb 13, 2014
      I thought it was an alright map. Glitches, exploits, and optimization failures aside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    • Apr 1, 2012
      Yes yes, those factors play no role whatsoever in the valuation of a map.

Some of the glitches listed in OP are news to me.

Anyway you can, maybe you know, not nominate it. Or or convince people to not vote for it.

Inb4 discussions about nomination system and 1 spam shitstorm
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Admin pliss. On the Eufrag server, they play a b3 version of the map or more. Maybe do a test with this new version to see if it change anything.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      might wanna read this also!

3 first rules.
      pelican never crashed server and we've reached it countless times.
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 8, 2014
        I know I'm a newer admin, but as a player I know that if no admins are available at the time it can be a pain in the butt to deal with exploiters and delayers. Much easier to just get rid of the problem (either with a map update or removing it entirely) than hope the 60+ people don't exploit a bug--even accidentally--even though it's in the rules.

So I went and checked. Their current map list only shows the same map PF has, ze_halo_v1_2. Unless they've added it and not updated the list, I doubt they're playing a different map.
      • Apr 28, 2013
        No. You are literally defending a map that can't be defended. Also, this map wasn't even exclusive to pf to begin with as this map probably wasn't even ready to begin with.

And according to Josh from Management.
        For a map to be added to rotation
        • Map must be stable
        • The map must be reasonably liked by everyone.
        • Limited to No bugs
        • 64 Spots (Not all servers are 64 slot but the map should be able to handle if needed)
        • Must be tested first
        Halo has many bugs to the point where it's not even stable and isn't enjoyed by the server so therefore, the map can't even be in rotation.
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Map was tested and added by retslag. I haven't seen any map yet that doesn't have any bugs or glitches so you're being nitpicky. Also I did some research; you've played the map only couple times on PF (according to stats), so how'd you know that people dont enjoy the map? I've played the map multiple times (~11hrs) and we always had fun going on.

I'm sure its just rename because there is two halo_v1_2 versions with similar name. (thanks to gfl or hellz)

Pain in the ass to write couple warnings to players? After first player get kick/ban they will stop doing it, dont be afraid to use your powers.
      • Nov 3, 2013
        I was the one who nominated it last time we played there...
      • Oct 23, 2013
        A few times? This map has been played multiple times every week. It's been selected less and less in the last few weeks due to the universal dislike of it on the server. I have not once seen it extended, and usually by the third try it's rtv'd pretty quick.

So not sure what the stats are showing you but it was a frequently played map, if only for all the newbie fan boys that jump at a chance to play it because it has Halo in the title.

Let's get rid of this glitchfest off of our servers, or at least until a better version is released

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        • Winner Winner x 1