Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[PF] homer

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by spicy_taco, May 28, 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 28, 2009
    While playing on plague fest today, players and I witnessed a recent admin (homer.J.007) admin abusing.
    Myself witnessing him:
    -slapping himself multiple times to get to better spots in maps
    -slapping other players into the air when about to be turned into a zombie
    Players reporting him:
    -teleporting himself away from zombies
    -teleporting himself to better spots in maps that he doesn't know how to get to.

If you've witnessed anything else... go right ahead and add on :biggrin:
  2. May 1, 2009
    "[pF] homer.j.007 (QC)" STEAM_0:0:10753184

Here are some various screen shots I took of [PF] Homer "teleporting" and slapping himself repeatedly over the course of two different maps.
    First map was tower3 where he was "porting" himself to the top of the tower and inside the building at the start of the round, then when more people were on the tower he would "port" others on to the small building that is on it with him.

Next map 4 way tower he would repeatedly slap himself in order to "fly" to different areas as human and as zombie, he didn't use it as zombie to actually kill anyone but I believe it should be stopped anyway.

I confronted him on my mic about it and he repeatedly said that it was not admin abuse, but I and several other saw it as such. I don't want any "serious" action to be taken I would just like it to be stopped as it puts him at an advantage over other players. Thank you
  3. May 28, 2009
    100% witnessed him doing this.. myself posting a complaint
  4. May 27, 2008
    Thanks for the report. I will look into it as well as pass this thread on to the others.

Just a few more questions if you don't mind.

How often was he doing it?

How long ago (time specifically if possible, please) did this occur?

Were any other admins on?

Was anything else happening?

Edit: Merged the topic into one. Don't need two of the same roaming around.. :smile:
  5. May 1, 2009
    He was slapping himself multiple times per round, I don't know an exact number but quite often.

I was playing for about 30 minutes with him doing it and went back in to get his steam id and he was still slapping.

I know for a fact that [PF] Kitty was on and aW Chappy as well but they did not say anything to him about it.
  6. May 27, 2008
    I'll be talking to Homer shortly.

I just spoke with Kitty about it, and we'll be taking care of it.
  7. May 1, 2009
    Thank you
  8. Mar 30, 2009
    WHAT? Yes I teleport so I slap myself except that I killed no people I had fun and when I was the last I kill the test then what? Y has a rule for that? Im a new PF admin and i like this server you are a ***** bug and you have just no money to got admin ! Now i pay for that ok and i will not use that for abusing and loosing that !

Cédric tremblay
  9. Jan 10, 2009
    ohh ohh. and i was there a few nights ago then he decided to get admans.. he wanted to do it to ban someone. because he didnt like the way they were playing. he asked about admans cost and what not for like an hour.
  10. May 28, 2009
    homer, just cuz u paid $15 or w/e for admin doesn't mean u get to do whatever you want on the server.
  11. May 27, 2008

Would have been much more easier if you could just contact me over steam, homer.

mving_trgt. Add me and send a message, please.
  12. Jan 10, 2009

And please type English properly. please. It's hard to understand nonsense.
  13. Aug 22, 2008
    Hes french so i think thats the best he can do.
  14. Mar 30, 2009
    Sorry, i use google then try to understand me a bit. I have nothing do to my point of view of evil! I slap myself for fun now that I understand this should just servire if necessary I understood that to be the (ADMIN) wanted to have responsibility and authority to manage it as admin as necessary. So I thank you and I am really sorry for this incident I am a new admin and I speak in french then leave me a small fortune anyway! Thank you

:frown: :confused: :wallbash:
  15. Jul 14, 2008
    cmon guys give homer a break :lol: :lol: he has always been a good player and he is not a bad person. i think he just needs to learn whats the difference between having fun and abusing admin. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  16. Jul 14, 2008
    and he apologized :tongue: :tongue: thats gotta mean something and he said he is not gonna do it again
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    >.> im sorry homer. i didn't mean to sound rude. and i didn't know he was french. hello homer. nice to finally meet you not in game!
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    Here's the deal, admins should never teleport anyone including themselves unless a) they're stuck or B ) they're in an illegal spot. Slapping yourself is absolutely pointless also.
  19. Oct 7, 2007
    I think you guys are being a little hard on Homer.

I think all of us admins remember when we first got admin access. We all did it. Let Homer have his little fun. I trust he knows where to draw the line. I've had the chance to speak with him about teleporting and slapping in the server, so "if" it ever becomes a problem in the future, we can all look back on this thread, and we'll know how to handle it.

Also, I was present in the server to his "abuse". I don't recall him hurting anyone. I wasn't there the whole time but I know enough to know it wasn't legit abuse.

Sorry Homer. I hope this gives you a better understanding on how things are as a pF admin, and I hope you use this as a reminder that not only admins are watching for abuse but players as well.
  20. Feb 21, 2007
    ok. Homer is aware of this and has been talked to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.