Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

pf marshall admin abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by lucid, Mar 25, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 25, 2012
    I was playing in a map called zombieranch andmarshalltold a zombie (kuken i think) that he can't be in an illegal spot. He said it like "kuken I know you're a zombie but you can't go to an illegal spot". Then I toldmarshallthat only humans can't be in illegal spots and that zombies can be wherever they want to be. Then he told me that I can't argue with him cause he's an admin and he banned me for a day, wtf? In the previous game (in dubka) I argued with him that shooting away the boxes so others can't get to a spot was not illegal, and I was muted by some other admin and told to stfu. I don't have the demo cause i wasn't recoding it at the time.

So now you can get banned by just stating the rules? I just told this marshal guy that zombies can go anywhere they want and boom, I was banned.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Will need to wait on a response from Marshall about this.

Slightly off topic,
    As I wasn't there I'm not 100% sure of the situation, but inhibiting other's access to an area by shooting away their means of getting there is generally against the rules.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Mar 25, 2012
      what difference does it make? I'm still right in this situation

I set up the boxes to this spot, and then once I got there I shot them off so other people can't get there. Is this illegal or no, because I see admins doing this too.
      [IMG]
    • Jul 14, 2010
      It's potentially griefing/frowned upon/blocking and it is an enforcible rule.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Not first time lucid having problems with others..
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 24, 2011

Marshall saw a Human that was in an illegal spot, but turned into a Witch(motherzombie).

He was late on the reply, but he was reminding him that the spot he was in is illegal(as a human); this is because he was a human in an illegal spot but got turned into a witch before marshall could warn him as a human.

The misunderstand was: Lucid thought he was warning him to not go into an illegal spot as a zombie. Lucid was probably thinking: "Wtf, whats this admin doing by warning a zombie not to go into an illegal spot???".

I am not perfectly crystal clear as to what the rules as with a non-admin interfering with an admin's protocol/responsibilities, however I would never ban a non-admin for telling me how to do my job correctly; I'm not even sure if it's allowed. If the person was irritating enough, I might just gag/mute him for it; but I am not sure if it qualifies for a 1d ban.

Sek was also present, so we'll have to get a reply from him too.

Lucid, I've had problems with you trolling,being disrespectful, and overall just being an issue on the ZM1 Server. I've learned a lot of things about my past jobs, and I will quote something from my boss:

If I was you, I would of said nothing on the server; but brough it up on the forums that you saw something fishy going on. It's never wise for a non-admin to step into admin business; in other words you shouldn't have stepped in. Bringing it up into the forums is a good idea, but under these circumstances you should have had a little more self-restraint in the server as far as talking back to an admin(interfering with their business).
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • SkyCloud
            This message by SkyCloud has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seks, Mar 25, 2012, Reason: not necessary.
            Mar 25, 2012
          • zerox913
            This message by zerox913 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seks, Mar 25, 2012, Reason: not needed either.
            Mar 25, 2012
          • Jul 14, 2010
            To sum up Lucid's confusion, marshall was simply advising the player that he was in an illegal spot. The player was a human but turned into a zombie at the beginning of the round, however, he was being informed the spot was illegal. You may have thought he was warning him for being in an illegal spot as a zombie which he was not. You continued to argue and interfere with admins doing their job and was banned. Seks, an lsa, approved the ban. Thanks for bringing this to the forums, but the admin was right in all cases and this is not abuse.

Edit: leaving open for marshalls response if he wants.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 25, 2012
              you said " You continued to argue and interfere with admins doing their job and was banned". What did I say? I can't talk with admins in game? One comment about anything and I get banned... Yeah this is DEFINITELY not admin abuse...
            • Jul 14, 2010
              Looks to me you were nitpicking everything he said.
              Comment from sourcebans:
              Marshall 03-25-12 11:11
              *Spec* Marshall[pF]: Also, you were told not to interfere with admins by seks.
              Marshall 03-25-12 11:10
              (Admin) Marshall[pF]: Kuken - FYI, I know you're a zombie but that spot is illegal.
              LuciD: it doens't matter, if he's a zombie he can go anywhere he wants
              LuciD: only humans cant go to illegal areas
              *Spec* Marshall[pF]: He was turned at beginning of round. Which means as a human he went there.

Lucid was advised not to interfere with admin by seks. After warning a human who was turned into a zombie by pick not to be in an illegal spot, Lucid decided he needed to argue the fact with me.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Mar 25, 2012
                so one comment and I get banned, and I wasn't arguing with him, I just told him a fact. Zombies can go to illegal areas as much as they want. You're telling me I can't talk to admins? How is this interfering or arguing with an admin?
              • Jul 24, 2011
                You can talk to admins all they want, but if admins are reminding someone not to go to an illegal spot as a human, and you try to step in as a non-admin, then you are interfering with admins. You were warned by two admins to not do it, and u did it anyways.

You were arguing with an admin, I'll just requote penguin's quote:

You shouldn't have interfered with an admins job.

It would be no different if a police officer pulled someone over(that wasnt u), and you decided to drive up next to the cop, you stop ur car next to them, got out, and told the cop: "This guy didnt do anything wrong, he's fine. It doesnt matter". Then the cop tells you to get back into your car and to not interfere with his job. "I am not interfering, I am just stating a fact". Then u get arrested(in this cased, u got banned).

not the best example, but Same thing, dont interfere with an admins job.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Mar 25, 2012
                  blatant example of admins not liking me, banning me, and then teaming up against me... Fucking joke
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  From an outside perspective a ban does seem a bit rash given what was said, though I would still like to hear from Marshall and/or Seeker to get a better understanding of the situation.

If this has been a problem in the past I could certainly understand the escalation.

To clarify,
                  If you were alone and just prepping your area for the zombies, it's perfectly fine to shoot away that box. If teammates are behind you trying to get up there as well, you can't shoot it away to keep them from getting up.
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Feb 12, 2012
                    Interfering with an admin's jobs and duties is against the rules. Regardless how you think he's not right, do not interfere. If you want to question his judgement, send a message via admin only chat (@ "Message"). Not only are you talking back to an admin, but you put it out in blatant chat. That shows other new players that there is no respect for admins.

1 day isn't a lot. With your prior bans history, you're lucky you got a 1 day ban.

BTW, go ahead and click "Disagree".
                  • Leo BRASIL
                    This message by Leo BRASIL has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Mar 25, 2012, Reason: lol irrelevant.
                    Mar 25, 2012
                  • Nov 15, 2011
                    As gonepostal3000 said, "...Lucid, I've had problems with you trolling,being disrespectful, and overall just being an issue on the ZM1 Server," I want to chime in that I am happy to see something come up on the forum involving Lucid. Routinely, he joins the server and specifically talks about how much of a waste being a donator is and calls anyone who donates a joke. Game chat logs will show it time in and time out even though multiple donators, including myself have vocally told him it isn't about the skins, no fall damage, extra jump...rather supporting a community we thoroughly enjoy playing on. I actually would rather NOT play on ZM1 when he is on for the simple fact I can't play a full map rotation without him talking crap to someone or about something.

I know this specifically has nothing to do with the above mentioned abuse, but it would be awesome if someone from the lead and/or management team communicates to Lucid that it is a privilege to play on your servers...not a right. There are a lot of people that pay money and don't pay money but enjoy the PF community day in and day out...
                    • Agree Agree x 4
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Oct 17, 2011
                      I don't think kuken can be warned anyways. He does not speak English. He's been to many illegal spots before and still that bastard never learns. By the way, I think Lucid is right. It is not illegal to shoot the box away so others cannot get up because I let others up once and they back stabbed like douchebags and it not not considered blocking. I do it all the times too when I see noobs trying to follow me. Also, I dunno about the other situation about that illegal spot argue. I just wanted to share this.
                    • Mar 12, 2008
                      I'd like to point out that this is a semi-formal abuse complaint, so i'd appreciate it if the people that were involved/LSA's be the only ones posting.

/PSA
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Useful Useful x 1
                      • Jul 1, 2010
                        Doesn't matter if you get back-stabbed or not. Back-stabbing is not illegal and is encouraged via advert (unless that went bye bye). If people are following to get up to a spot and you purposefully shoot something out from under them, or do it to make it so they cannot get up, its griefing and is illegal.

As far as the abuse report, I would still also like to see something from Marshall.
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Jan 8, 2012
                          Umm disagreeing everyones post = abusing the ratings. -_-
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.