Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PF Members

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Cursing In Braille, Nov 14, 2008

Should we make a new "Class"?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aug 8, 2008
    I've noticed, there's no standard to wear the "=pf=" tag.
    I think after XX posts on the site you can wear a diffrent "Pf" tag.
    Also, I think those who get to X posts and are voted to be okay should be allowed a special skin, Nothing special, something you can spot easy so we can get..
    I think something nice not just a t 1337 with PF coloured on the back.
    This Screams PF
    that could work too

I don't know how we could give them out, it would mean an admin would have to see a person and then give them the skin
    if they ever meet up.

OR
    A sever I go to has an option
    "!models"
    And there's five choices
    1.owner skins
    2. jr. owner skin
    3. admin skin
    4.vip skin
    5. public skin

And you could give the people with the special status access to "Vip" section.

Maybe something like (PF) for the special status? I don't know if that's used already..something.

I think it would help people because instead of not wanting any help for fear of noobs they could go "OH sheet! he has uber seck skin! HELP MEEZ!"
  2. Jul 16, 2008
    interesting idea. i like the 2nd skin better.
  4. May 24, 2008
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I think both skins are ugly as fuck tbh, but touching on your idea, it has potential yet we also don't want to have random players coming in here and spamming nonsense just to increase their post count to snatch themselves a new skin or label within PF. I can't really think of a different way of measuring progress than post count but communities are about quality and not quantity. 4chan has a huge quantity, yet their community is a bit on the 'sucks balls' side. We could try this and prepare for the worse and see how it works out, or we can figure out an alternative for players earning such items.
  6. Sep 22, 2008
  7. May 27, 2008
    I vote for the latter, Sauce. I say... Top 10 contest. Reset the ranks and start.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
  9. Aug 8, 2008
    **Sorry for the wall of words, my thought are in green, Sauce's are in white. I butchered it to answer each part of it.**

"I think both skins are ugly as fuck tbh"
    I picked those skins because you see them and go "Holy crap! How did he/she/it get that!?!?!?!?" you could do something a bit less bright or odd. I just thought something people could notice.

"but touching on your idea, it has potential yet we also don't want to have random players coming in here and spamming nonsense just to increase their post count to snatch themselves a new skin or label within PF."
    I did think of the spamming thing.
    The admins could just be all like
    Admin 1: okay,what about Braille? Think he deserves the skin?
    admin 2: he does play alot, he follows the rules, he did !ztele away froma zombie once though.
    Admin 1: who cares, he's the HAMBURGLAR, plus....
    Admin 2: plus what?
    Admin 1: i heard he lieks mudkips.
    Admin 2: ORLY?
    Admin 1:YA RLY!

"I can't really think of a different way of measuring progress than post count but communities are about quality and not quantity. 4chan has a huge quantity, yet their community is a bit on the 'sucks balls' side."
    rank could work, it would get people to want to do better and play more on the sever.
    But ranks change so quick, I went from like 160-ish to 65 to 170 in a day.

I have a question though, for admin, do you just have to pay, or are you judged to see if you'd be a decent admin?

If so, we could try that with this(I.E I post a thread about why I think I should be granted this, ONLY ADMINS post afterwards talking about it and debating.
  10. May 27, 2008

D:
  11. Aug 8, 2008
    Blue any better? It was late and I thought oh shit...Green, same colour as the paint on my walls.

I think that if like the admins kinda look it over and choose as a group who gets the *"Status".
    Like as a case in a court room, the jury goes andchooses ifthey deservethe skin and *"Status".

* don't know what to call it, That seems to work, but any other suggestions might be more fitting.
  12. Oct 22, 2007
    why don't you go with how active they are in the forums and server. That way you get the forums going more and people come to them to see whats going on even if they aren't in the game. Then the ranking would help keep the server busy as well. This would provide a winning situation for them both instead of one getting more attention than the other. Just a thought though.
  13. Nov 14, 2008
    i would have to agree with viva on this its a great way to get both alot more attention plus i think when ppl in the server see others with diffrent skins and find out how to get hem ppl would join and post alot more, but then you come to the problem of the fourm whores that just will post bs on every thred just to get alot of post for skins. so the committee would also have to be implemented to prevent the foreseeable problems
  14. Mar 15, 2008

Yeah, I guess I've been trying to argue against the ranks because I can't get my rank that low in Our zombie mod sever.

I think viva's way is pretty good.

So, are we going to do this or just talk about it?
    1.We still need to figure out what skin it will be.
    2who will on the committee, because they'll have their asses royally kissed by people.
    3.what the minimum rank would be to get it.

for #1 that's group vote, but for #2we need someone who won't be bias but still needs to be in the sever alot.
    and for #3 that's for the admins or anyone with control over that, can you even record who reached what rank at what time?

I hope it isn't till' someone checks it, because the ranks change mighty quickly.
  16. Mar 15, 2008
    My response is im on Zm enough i know the regulars. Rank shouldnt be a requirement. being active and doing meaningful posts ^^ Should be how we do this. It would be easier to pick them by hand. An LOL OMG i agree Really? Aint gonna work as a skin receiver if they post enough and keep it up do what i suggested make there own group. Ex: Server admin, LSA, etc etc. Like pF whore or something of that sort would work.
  17. May 24, 2008
    non-meaningful posts are my kind of thing.

LOLPWNT

I'd like to call the regulars group "Plague Spreader"
  18. Mar 15, 2008
  19. Mar 12, 2008
  20. Aug 8, 2008

anywhore.

Thomas brought up a good point.
    Just because you have a high rank Doesn't mean you contribute to the "Community", all it means to me is that you’re either good at Zm, Lucky, or kill afk guys (and gals).

Also, we could join this with thomas's idea of the new group for "regulars"