Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[pF]Nawin is admin abused

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Bing™, Sep 30, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 8, 2011
    [pF]Nawin was in the same room as me and thought I was the one who pressed the button to kill him. It was someone else and even I try to explained him many times, he still kicked me. I want him to look at the log and find out who did it before he kicked me.

I am so mad that I didn't do anything, but he said I did it and kill him. This is unacceptable to me.

Is it ok for admin to say someone did something and kick or ban him after that without any good reasons?

Thank you in advance,

2. Jun 17, 2011
    Can I ask what map it was on and was it Human v Human or what?
  3. May 8, 2011
    Human vs Zombie, but we can kill each other by press a button. Sorry I don't remember the map name, but slish can tell you which one it is.
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    This might be unrelated, but last night I saw you break other people boxes in wtfhax and trying to get them killed.

Also, it's not in the proper format.
  5. Jan 5, 2007
    What server?
    What time?
    ZvZ, ZvH, HvZ, HvH?

Need more details since your post lacks the required proof. Also, you posted this in the wrong section.
  6. May 20, 2011
    The map we were on was zm_AnotherUglyZMap on zm.plaguefest.com - about 30 minutes ago - and they were in the blue room when this occassion happened. Nawin is a new admin and asked me if it is not allowed to teamkill with the button. I then gave out a general warning that teamkilling with the button on PURPOSE is not allowed. I was in spectate at the moment and did not see this happen, but there were players saying Bing did it. When I went to spectate the blue room I only saw Bing standing near the button, and ocassionally some other players. Also when the kick occured, I was AFK. But I'm sure Nawin has got a reason because as far as I've seen him doing admin work, he's reasonable and does his best with whatever he can.

Bing wanted to discuss this on the server, and I told him to take this over to the forums, therefore him making a topic about this. Nawin should have warned him personally before he kicked him in my opinion, but maybe he did. I was AFK so I can't tell. Nawin is also AFK at the moment or I would've told him to come to the forums.
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    Nawin was just trained yesterday so he doesn't know the rules too well, however what he did was wrong since it's human vs zombie. Let's wait to hear his side of the story. It was only a kick right?
  8. Feb 12, 2011

The conclusion by most of the higher ups was mainly that it shouldn't be punished for, why even warn for it?
  9. May 20, 2011
    As far as I know, there hasn't been an official ruling on it. The topic you linked to was a discussion, and I have been real busy the last few days so it might be that I missed something.

Edit: Nope, no ruling. It was never official not to punish/warn for it.
  10. Sep 22, 2010
    There was no conclusion, and a warning should be given out as that is griefing. Whether to take action upon it is dependent on you and your judgement.
  11. Jun 17, 2011
    IMO, team killing was not deemed legal by any of the higher ups it was only up for discussion, so until it has been stated that it has been legal. I think we should still warn for team killing.
  12. Sep 29, 2011
    Bing would go next to the button for the majority of the map. There was a lot of team killing because of the button. I warned people to stop team killing, slish also issued a warning. For at least 2-4 rounds straight people were blaming Bing for team killing - this would make sense because of his frequent presence next to the button. i warned Bing not to press the button, he said "i have to press the button to defend against zombies".

I died that following round from someone pressing the button. I then warned Bing don't stay next to button, to avoid confusion and seek out the team killer. He continued to ignore me.

With only 3 people in the room it would be much more obvious who would be the team killer was this round. two of the people where down the ladder -a great distance from the button- Bing was still next to button. I warned him not to press it once again. As me and the second person where shooting the zombies, BOOM i die from teamkilling...

Edit: surprisingly after he was kick, the team killing ceased. I guess he was to busy scrambling to find out who kicked him.
  13. Feb 12, 2011
    The majority of the LSA+'s said that aslong as it is built in the map, it should be fine.
  14. Jul 14, 2010
    Putting this in

15. Do not grief
    Do not purposely disrupt gameplay with dickery/asshatery.
    Punishment: Kick -> Temporary Ban(1hour to 1day length)

The rules do not state you need to warn for griefing, which Slish gave out a general warning anyways.

I don't think there are any signs of abuse here.
  15. Jan 5, 2007
    At this time, team killing is still illegal. There was never an official conclusion made regarding the use of in-map methods designed specifically to kill others.
  16. May 8, 2011
    Nawin, someone pressed it and then run away. I stand next to the button, it doesn't mean I am the one that pressed it. I go to that room because I want to operate it. It's not illegal spot. If you are a good admin, if you should record all my actions and find out if I really did it. It's just a game, but what happen if you are a cop and you killed someone that you believe he has a gun even you didn't know clearly about it and your friends told you he has a gun.

I don't hate you and promised to kill only zombies. There is no point to press that button to kill you after Slish already warned us. I told you many times that I didn't press it, but you still kick me. Why you didn't listen to me? I know you were mad because someone killed you. But I am super mad when I got kicked even I didn't do anything.
  17. Jun 19, 2011
    Since this is only a kick, a kick acts like a warning (with somewhat punishment) so that you will not do it again. Since they issued warnings to people not to press the button to team kill, you should then move away (or at least be far enough for people to see you are not the one) from the button. Anyways, I don't see this is an admin abuse, could be an admin wrong decision and I think this can be locked.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    Worst case scenario he accidentally kicked the wrong person, this certainly isn't abuse. Given your past, Bing, I'm inclined to believe you did press the button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.