Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PF T-shirts

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Drearystate, Aug 4, 2013

1. May 12, 2007
    Would PlagueFest ever consider making t-shirts and/or wearable attire? I am making myself some t-shirts being themed as funny, gruesome, and serious regarding plaguefest that I plan on sporting. (I will be making the artwork myself). I f I am given permission I will post the designs on here so others can either download them and use iron ons or go to a tshirt site and upload the images for themselves. If Plaguefest is interested in any kind of marketing like this please let me know.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Mar 12, 2008
      This would be great. I made a couple myself back in the day for personal use, but I'd love a professionally designed shirt.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 14, 2008
        That would be a cool idea. I would certainly wear one.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 24, 2012
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 18, 2012
            I DEMAND A HOODIE! :grin: <3 Other then that It sounds awesome.
            • Like Like x 2
            • May 12, 2007
              My brother owns a shirt printing press in Az, he will be doing my t-shirts and with PlagueFests permission , hoodies, hats, etc.
              Post Merged, Aug 4, 2013
              He can offer really low pricing (since hes my brother and he knows I love Plaguefest) and would love to do this for Plaguefest in the futue if they are interested. We could even do threads that vote on t-shirt entries and add those to the attire :smile:
            • May 12, 2007
              ok, im making some for myself, if neone wants images after they are completed let me know, no charge
              • Like Like x 1
              • Mar 4, 2012
              • Nov 29, 2012
              • Jul 23, 2012
                OR WRIST BANDS PL0X
              • Mar 4, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4
              • Mar 12, 2008
                The problem with the old threads was finding a medium. Everyone wanted to make shirts/hoodies but needed a design. Taz had a terrible case for this because he wanted a designer AND he wanted to make money off the shirts, mad douchebaggery. Dreary has access to a printer, and is offering service to us.

Re-reading the previous threads i'd like to summon @Brian for his input. Pretty please? We could use the original pF design as an option too. i'd like that :shock:

If this isn't possible, ima be jelly.
              • Dec 30, 2006
                I'm interested......I've spoken about this idea in my head but never went to pursue it. We would have to look at this as a business model if we want to expand into this. Profits go towards server bills and stuff. Idk I'll let other management give their opinion.

Edit: Actually I take it back. Tater's post made me think of something. At this point no. Unless there's full supervision of the whole process by management. I don't want to be owing favors or whatnot.
              • Dec 6, 2011
                @Brian and whoever else that would manage this, because this is something I feel very strongly about and would REALLY love to see.

I'd really enjoy some pF gear, and would pay a decent amount for it, I don't care if the T-shirt is $30-40. What I don't want is the usual merchandise that's solely to milk fans of tv shows, movies, games, etc. for every last dollar with some half-ass designed, poor quality piece of clothing. You know what I'm talking about, with that cheaply printed on logo on a plain white/black T-shirt and put it at $25 when it costed the marketers less than $1 for some Chinese workers to mass produce them and ship them over.

No, what I'd like to see is a fully designed T-shirt, that's quite an art piece and describes my dedication to Plaguefest and our excellent community, something that stands out, not just some puny little logo in the top corner of a t-shirt.

We do have talented artists in this community, I definitely would not mind funding a graphic designer/artist for their hard work as well as our community. I know @Bella was a great graphic designer.

When I say an awesome T-shirt or hoodie that I'd pay $30-40 for, I mean something like these (not these designs, but the ideas of how unique they are to what they represent):

[IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]
                [IMG]

See what I'm getting at?

This is the bullcrap I would definitely not buy:
                [IMG]

I don't want people to just read "Plaguefest", I want them to experience it, all on my shirt.

The reason I'm so into this, is because a lot of things I support, or am a fan of, have some shoddy, crap-job merchandise that is a desperate cry for cash. The material is rough, itchy, and it shrinks the first time you wash it. Then the shitty quality logo wears off in a month, and you end up with a plain black shirt with a little bit of weird bits and pieces of a logo left on the front.
                • Like Like x 3
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Winner Winner x 1
                  Brett, Aug 4, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Aug 4, 2013
                • May 12, 2007
                  The thing is, I don't need to make a profit from it. I think its a cool idea, I do artwork for musicians, indie films as well as comics. I don't need any additional money, I wants me a tee. So I'm making these :smile:. If Plaguefest would like to I would be honored to make this a reality and would like to continue to make the t-shirt images afterwards if it is a go :smile: of course at no cost to them.
                  Post Merged, Aug 4, 2013
                  Definitely a can do sir :smile:. I'm going to be hand drawing these first then putting them into sketchbook pro to finish them with the details. The images will take me a few weeks because of the details but I feel it will be worth it.
                  Post Merged, Aug 4, 2013
                  I think if we did a t-shirt with just the logo it would cost next to nothing, I would like for something much crazier, lke a t-shirt that has the PF logo on the back neck and the entire front a mural done with 4 tone color, green, grey, white and dark purple on a black tee or hoodie.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Dec 6, 2011
                    Oh no no, I didn't mean those exact designs, I just meant the ideas of them, and how unique they are to whatever they represent. I didn't mean to copy them >.<
                  • Dec 30, 2006
                    I can help spearhead this. I'll figure out the business logistics if there are no objections to this idea.
                    • Like Like x 4
                    • May 12, 2007