Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved PF Teemo

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Hateorade, Jun 16, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 16, 2014
    Well I can understand a admin being present is one thing. But a power hungry stat booster is completely another. I was jokeing around on the servers and not Knifing anyone on the ZM servers on 6/16/14 @ or around 2 am central time. At one point I told someone over mic that I was gonna block for him ( in which I went ahead and crouched, which would allow for anyone or anything to run and jump over me ) at which point i was told not to block. I pointed out what I was doing and was told "Do I really wanna argue with a admin?" I let matters rest and laughed it off as he just gave me a slap. For the remaining 6-7 rounds he holed up in a room and turned the beacon on himself every round and sat in there and reaped zombie kills. Now I decided to go ahead and get in said barricade room and at the last 20 sec of the round I went edge warrior and turned in order to knife him in the barricade. I do and was told to enjoy my ban. What I was curious about though was why the hell was I banned with that, when there was 15-20 min of tolerated racism towards a Hispanic decent on the server by multiple people and no bans or kicks initiated? Why was I the only ban for a end of the round, end of the map joke? Can I buy admin and make the rules as I see fit while I play on a server or must I also uphold a set of standards since I am admin? Or maybe I can just use my powers to try and stat whore. Just saying...

Map was aztec_firewall
  2. Jun 16, 2014
    So how would I obtain said proof? By streaming my gameplay? By screenshoting the people that were talking at the time for racist comments over mic? For the chance that someone was a server regular and also a community member to go ahead and check this post and vouch? Or post something similar? All forms and manners of that dont help unless I had the ability to do so prior too. Right now its "He said, this. They said that." But by god if I take the time to join your site and community and post something of this nature I can tell you for DAMN sure I would like a answer as to how anything like this is okay.
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    Id like to note it was a document ban so you are already unbanned. You were blocking you said it over the mic you admitted to it. I just slapped you and warned because it was close to the end of the round. I do not have a demo of this. Why would i want to argue if you said you were blocking for the guy and ignoring my warnings? Not hard to just not block and we dont have any issues.

Then you purposely griefied me which I saw and it was because you were mad that I told you to not break the rules. Because you did so with such intent (and the blocking incident) I documented the ban and made it short.

The racism for telling people to make a burrito has no affiliation against any race because anyone can make a burrito last time I checked. So if I told someone to make fries it would be racist against Americans? pizza? ice cream?

Just because it is the end of the round doesnt mean you are exempt from the rules.
  4. Jun 16, 2014
    So your saying none of what was said was in a racist context at all? And that the guy saying shut up was not offended? The only thing that bugged the absolute shit out of me was the fact that that went on and nothing happened. Further more the whole beacon on you and the and throwing more attention at me over my end of the round and map thing just seemed like a kid who got their toy taken away. Can you understand why I am upset over that?
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    To summarise, Hateorade claims he got warned for blocking and then banned for getting stabbed on purpose to kill his team mates and is wondering why he got banned when there was some racism going on and no one doing anything about it.

Hateorade we need a demo of that round to judge the racism part.

As for the blocking and griefing, those are against our rules and you broke them. Unless there is more to tell there is no abuse here.
  6. Jun 16, 2014
    Just because you have admin doesnt mean you use the powers for you own benefit is all I am stating. Thats what I saw on your end.
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    In the incidents you provided us with you broke the rules and got handled accordingly. What you are claiming is only true if there were others blocking and griefing or breaking other rules and teemo didn't do anything about it.

@teemo You should have kicked instead of banned. The documentation ban is only after a kick as explained in this post.
  8. Jan 25, 2014
    I believe that slapping the guy twice after he was warned for blocking. would replace the kick step in the punishment ladder. Also the fact that the map was changing would mean a kick would have little to no impact because the player may have thought the map didnt load or something along those lines. This is why i went with a very short ban (10 minutes)
  9. Jun 16, 2014
    Thats the what I was talking about earlier...
    All I have been doing is just pointing out that he did nothing until it directly affected him...
  10. Jan 21, 2011

There was a warning issued in the first video toward the beginning of the map, but nothing else was done.
  11. Jan 25, 2014
    This is already said before:
    I felt that racism was not occurring telling people to make a burrito has no affiliation against any race because anyone can make a burrito last time I checked. So if I told someone to make fries it would be racist against Americans? pizza? ice cream?

So if I told a stranger to make me pizza I would then be racist against Italians?

The racism warning was for the person that basically said the n word even tho they half caught themselves.
  12. Jan 21, 2011
    Context. Also, there is a racial slur being repeated in both videos by the same guy.
    Seeker, Jun 16, 2014 Last edited by Seeker, Jun 16, 2014
  13. Jan 25, 2014
    The context is that race or mexican or that sort of thing was never linked to making a burrito. Until you build the link in the demos to provide that info I am sticking with how I handled the situation.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    Slap is just a tool to be used to bring attention of players to the chat or as a mini warning.

When you get kicked you get displayed a message saying you have been kicked. You could also wait till next map and kick him.
    Hope thats clarified.
  15. Jun 16, 2014
    Im not disputing the fact jokes get made, what I did was a joke that ended with a consequence. But the guy made it known that he was offended. And the videos are clips of certain times during that round.
    Racism & Hate Speech
    This is not permitted on PlagueFest.com. Any posts that we consider to breach this are subject to removal by our staff should we deem it appropriate to do so. The result will be swift, no warnings, just an immediate ban.

Whats different about your servers?
  16. Jan 25, 2014
    I slapped him to remove to from where he was blocking so he could continue playing without having to be kicked. I thought that would have sent the right message. So if you someone told you to stfu you would want us to warn them for hate speech?
  17. Jun 16, 2014
    The video explains that you allowed in "context" the repeated use of the word beaner. That the guy says stop towards racial slander. And that you did nothing with your admin powers aside from slap me once that round, beacon yourself for 6-7 rounds, and then ban me at the end of the map.
  18. Jan 25, 2014
    After I watched the demo, I missed where he used 2 racial slurs in a row and he should have been kicked. With that said. It provides the link to even more racism that occurred. So further action should have been taken at that point.So you are right at least about that I did not do anything and yes I should have, it slipped through my fingers.

But that does not exclude your behavior. I made a mistake with that guy but I feel your punishment was in line with what you did.
  19. Jan 21, 2011
    He admitted to breaking the rules, and Deto and I have explained to you what procedure should be taken in the future when other players act similar. The point he's making in this thread is that you let someone use blatant racism in the server and did nothing to stop it. While I realize that its sometimes difficult to hear everything that gets said on mic, you should pay better attention to it to avoid situations like this occuring. With that being said, this thread is done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.