Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

pF ZE downloading map slower than 28.8k modem

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Trond, Jul 1, 2014

1. Jul 20, 2012
    takes forever to download a small map today
  2. May 29, 2012
    It took me 15 mins (I´m serious right now) to download Isengard via the server. GB like ~1-2 mins.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    @Trond Could you be more specific? What OS are you using? What is your current connection speed? What map was it? What time did this happen? Did other people complain of the issue as well?
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    Yesterday, before I left (like 18 hours ago) I had terrible lags on the server, and also the pF forums were extremely slow at opening. So I'd say it's something with the server connection.
    Connection speed: 50 Mbits/s (download) / 20 Mbits/s (upload)
    Started suffering it on ze_tkara. I don't remember anyone else complaining about lags, but almost everyone had 200-500 ping.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    As far as I know, it could be because everyone else in the server has to download the same map as you which in turn makes the download speed very slow. Have you ever tried hitting cancel and rejoin?
    Edit: Oh yeah also take into account the distance of the server's location relative to where you live.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    100%[====================================>] 1,073,741,824 2.57MB/s in 6m 50s

*shrugs* There might be a carrier that's damaged, since everyone reporting this isn't in NA.
    • Informative Informative x 1