Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

pF ze maps CS:GO

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by Kinetic, Aug 20, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    Well, i wanted to know how long or when all the ze maps will be transferred to GO. And specifically predator ultimate.
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    If your that concerned about it, go download cs:go sdk and start porting the map. Otherwise the game isn't officially released until the 21st so be patient, things don't happen ever night.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    if and a carrot of it in my TV
  4. May 31, 2012
    how do you get the sdk?
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    Steam>Library>Tools>Counter Strike: Global Offensive Beta SDK
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    If it doesn't show up in the tools section, you have to go into your settings and enable beta access, restart steam and it should show up.
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure only the original authors are allowed to port their maps unless having permission from @Luffaren which I'm sure you haven't and never will have.
    Furthermore, porting Minas/Mako/Predator/any bigger map is impossible. I'm not going to explain why, instead I'll explain when we'll be able to port maps: That would be at least after a couple of months because the SDK of CS:GO is currently considerably bugged regarding ze purposes :smile:

Just wait it out. In the mean try to keep CS:S ze alive, as it won't die but it will probably downgrade a lot in population
  8. May 31, 2012
    The only maps you should port BY NOW are simple ones. Levels are ok, weapons/bosses/particles (they can't be ported directly) get fucked up (meaning that almost every level-based map can't be ported anyway).
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    I wouldn't jump the gun on that if i'm allowed to be frank, unless you mean simply dropping over the .bsp directly from CSS into GO with some further packing.

I can see how predator could be ported/edited to work for GO in some ways, but this would mean replacing pretty much all textures and models. although to be honest i wouldn't think it would take that long.
    Then there's the crashes as you spawn, all you need there is to find out the source entity of the crash which could be done in many ways.

Although i lost the V3.vmf i still have the V1_2.vmf, so if i were to port predator i'd have to do these following things pretty much:

* Replace textures/models (new foliage/jungle props avalible, awesome!)
    * Remove particles/special weapons completely (if there isn't another solution, such as parenting the weapons to the actual player)
    * Find/fix the crash issue at spawn
    * Update the map (since this version is really old, and the bosses/looks are antique at this point)
    * Fix up the music

This would be mostly it, so i wouldn't say that it would be impossible in any matter :razz:
    Although this would be pretty time consuming and annoying to work with, going back to an old messy .vmf with so many things i could have done better.
    I seriously believe i would be better off with just remaking the map completely from scratch. In this way i could make it even bigger with even more items/bosses (if i find a fix for the items)

But as things look just now i think that i should cherish the secret project as much attention as possible, as for finishing the toaster map just now. No worries, it's pretty much finished.
    Who knows, i might just go back to predator one day.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      Cant you replace special weapons with a gameui?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Calm the heck down Devious. No need to be so belligerent and outright rude to someone who's asking a simple question. Obviously, he does not know how much time it takes to port maps, don't penalize him for his ignorance or lack of knowledege...

@Kinetic Porting map takes quite a bit of time because a lot of the models and textures from the original CS:S are no longer present in CS:GO. So mappers have to import the CS:S textures and models into CS:GO and sometimes even have to redo certain parts of a map. A lot of mappers are working hard at the moment to port over all the good maps you play in CS:S to CS:GO. We're trying to get as many ported over as possible before the release of the game on Aug 21st. It's a work in progress so just wait.:nailbiting: In the mean time, you can feel free to keep playing on the CS:S versions :wink:
    • Jan 9, 2012
      What is the entity limit in GO compared to CSS? @Luffaren
    • May 31, 2012
      The same.
    • Jan 9, 2012
      Shame :/