Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Photo's from labs need - read thread -

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Purpzz, Jul 24, 2012

1. Dec 3, 2011

I asked it on the server and then Retslag said why not ask on forum so here i am :evilgrin:
    I am working on a new ze map because i want to make atleast 10 ze maps in total but i am kinda stuck atm..
    I try now to make the first 'part' from the map and the people spawn in the woods/strand, they find their way to the entre of the 'secret lab' on that 'island'..

There i am stuck, I dont know what 'entre' for this lab i would make, i tried diffirent building structures but nothing seem to fit.
    So I could use some good pictures from labs to inspire my idea a bit, some high tech lab with futuristic vieuw i like the most.
    But i only need the outside vieuw from the lab, inside doesnt mather.

Thanks for the help anyway, loves xxx
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    10 ZE maps? You do know that is extremely ambitious and will take several years to make? Especially if you are making large maps with your own particles, models, animations, etc. But I will definitely love to play any new ZE maps so go for it! :wink:

[IMG]

And here are some layouts from the Star Trek series: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/otherrooms1.htm
  3. May 31, 2012
    Do some google searching for the LHC (in Geneva). I can't quite think of any place on earth that is more 'high tech'. Maybe that -reading a bit from it so that you can get some astrophysical vocabulary that goes in concordance with it- and some dystopic landscape with neon lights, rust, destruction and overall apocalyptic looks could go well.

A good link: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/the_large_hadron_collider.html

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    Thanks, but i need more outside vieuw from the building for idea as my entre will be

Thanks, some pics looks amazing, specialy that round thing building maybe i can try something simular to that i google also a bit around
  5. May 31, 2012
    Mix it up with some Mad-Max like deserts. Wait... Can't find any pic; maybe you could just see the films; Mad Max, A boy and his dog...
  6. May 14, 2011
  7. May 31, 2012
    I prefer to [IMG]. Propper is counterrevolutionary.
  8. May 14, 2011
  9. May 31, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • May 14, 2011

Picture

EVER!
    • Apr 1, 2012
      what kind of lab building would you want?
      -tall building with strange architecture
      -bunker and fortified
      -normal square building with glass windows
      -something like a military base
    • Feb 14, 2012
      The most advanced physics lab in the world is burried underground so there isn't much to see but the LHC would make a great map theme.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I'm not fully sure, but i believe she means stages as in minas. Which doesn't neccecarily need several years time to complete, depending on many factors such as:

General planning and preparing different things/systems.

Your own ambition, time and dedication for the project.

Simply knowing mapping in itself, which will result in greater efficiency and knowledge about using the appropiate things/entities for eventual situations.

And finally, being happy with your project and love what you're creating. With that at your disposal you'll feel a lot more dedicated to work on the map. Don't like this/that? Recreate it the way you like it. Too difficult? Dont give up. Test the shit out of it, fix it and move on! Feel free too google, ask other mappers as for decompiling maps just to LOOK.

Also, i would suggest to write everything you're planning on doing in a .txt document, it will help a lot, especially when you have lots of things to do and don't know where to start. Prioritize!

I'm pretty much entitled to all the above for the secret project, and it's going great so far. Beware though! Make sure you're fully aware about your/hammer's limitations. Or you're gonna have a bad time.

Regarding the lab, my suggestion would go for something underground, hi-tech and secret. A monster might have escaped the test chamber, etc etc.
      It doesn't have to be small really, feel free to expand outside the lab aswell. All up to you, have a good one.
    • Dec 3, 2011
      It kinda depends on how fast you can build, how fast you can fix bugs (if found) and how good you are in this, each day i learn new things about hammer which i love to learn and 10 maps will take for sure a year of 1 - 2 but its a hobby from me and i like to do this so why not :grin:
      Also in the beginning of mapping you almost not advance since everything is new and u need to learn but once you got this all in your head then mapping goes really better and faster since you dont need to ask so many around to help anymore.
      Only animating models is yet still an unknown thing for me but lucky i got Joris for this :razz:

This could do it

Nowp i mean really 10 ZE maps :razz: doing now the 2/10 map atm, and yes it would be like monsters (zombies) have been escape duo bad testings in the laboratory, and the humans need to go setup the nuclear reactor to blow up the island and kill the bad zombies, but to do that they need to pass 6 'levels' which i will call 'episodes', its not ment on easy - hard - extreme and so on.. it just every episode other stuff, new things, and going on to the end of the island.

You will also start where u stopped the episode back, i could make a secret underground lab, but then again i am stuck with the begin structure so people can find that lab, but i will see what i do with this, the idea i got is great and i can build it, it will just take a bit more time then thought.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Shouldn't quality over quantity be the best tactic? Destruction of Exorath could still use some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Dec 3, 2011
      That map aint complete yet, for now this is the 'final' release because i am working a new map, i was tired of always the same map, there still some little glitches but its play able and has no leaks, i will update that map again to a real final release but that will have to wait a week or 2.
      Yes quality goes first, thats why i have put like a year work on exorath, since i always go for quality but some time you get tired of always that same thing so you need a sort of break before you go on once again for a final result
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Purpzz meant maps. lol. But I can understand where you are coming from. :party:
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Myeah fair enough, Apologies for the false assumption.
      So yeah, making 10 full maps in this manner could end up for the worse, with that opinion coming from my past experiences.
      I'd strongly suggest to stick with one quality made map at a time, instead of rushing 10 maps right after eachother, find a concept which you really love and work from that. Compare the first and last version of mako, pred and paranoid as an example.

I believe Neverenough said it the simpliest way.

Big note, DO AS YOU WANT. Don't feel forced. It's fine.
      • Like Like x 1