Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Photoshop Friday

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Jenos, Apr 11, 2011

I want to....

Add this to the forums. 6 vote(s) 75.0%
Keep this off the forums. 2 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Mar 25, 2011
    I've seen this on other forums and it tends to be popular among people who like photo editing. Basically this would be a casual contest where the runners of the event choose a photo for people to edit (using any photo editor they please). Once all entries are made, the thread would be closed and a poll would be opened to vote for the best picture, and whoever won would get a small reward.

P.S. the only reason its called Photoshop friday is because it sounds good, but like a I said, any photo editing program would be allowed.
  2. Jul 14, 2010

sounds like a good idea
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    5 dollars seems big.
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    No I wasn't really thinking a money reward, this would be more of a casual competition between a bunch of people who sort of know each other. Getting money involved makes it a serious competition.
  5. Apr 11, 2011
    Seems like an awesome idea, a GFX battle/thread type of thing.

The winners in another forum I used to visit alot would get things such as this

That you can show off in your signature if you wanted.
  6. Jan 12, 2011
    Bump because this sounds awesome, and in fact would be a great idea to improve Forums participation!
    Also, because I want to brush up on my digital art skills. :sweat:
  7. Nov 14, 2010
    We can make it several contests, so people have several chances to win.
    All using the same image, different ways.
    Here, I'll start it off.

Alter the image below into the following to the best of your ability:
    1. Make her look like a zombie
    2. Make this picture beautiful
    3. Make her look like an old woman
    4. Make her an avatar like from the movie, Avatar
    5. Make this picture look funny (keep it appropriate)

8. Jan 12, 2011
    Another awesome idea! However, we don't want to overload people during their spare time in the week. I'd say maybe 3 options would be a good balance. Or if you still think 5 is good, be sure to say that drawing things for the Internet is not more important than real life. I don't quite want to say limit the number of submissions compared to the number of possible contests, but I don't want people stressing over this just because they see a lot of things they could do.

Also, I haven't seen someone use as much html code in their response before. Bravo? :blink:
  9. Nov 14, 2010
  10. Apr 24, 2011
    cant top that.... nice job
  11. Nov 14, 2010
    Sure you guys can. Come on!
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    Your work is so good, you intimidate us..
  13. Mar 25, 2011
    Nice Bella, and i think it should be open to anything anyone wants to do. whether it be make the picture look ridiculous with Microsoft paint or make it look like something completely... what yours is. Just something where people can mess around and have some fun, or show off there work and get feedback, in a semi-competitive way.
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    Then that just makes it free form Photoshop, no competition. If you give specifics, it makes them work towards something specific.