Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Photoshop

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Fornax, Nov 17, 2012

1. Jun 18, 2012
    So I just installed Adobe Photoshop CS6 on my PC, and I wondered has any of you guys worked with the program before, and do you know any good links for someone who has never worked with it to start off with and learn the ropes?
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    Learn to use clone stamp, Magnetic lasso is your friend.

Use layers.

It all depends on what you plan to do with it. Are you going to use it to have fun with, or do heavy photo editing? if it's a light-use tool it's simple to learn.

When you get into doing different things like saturations, levels and other hubbub like that then it might get a little harder. Might just be me, but I use it for fun.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Trying it out was suggested by the architect at my internship when we had a little conversation about photo editting. I already know my way arround SketchUp and he showed me some pictures which were photoshopped by a colleague.

So simply putten yes I want to use it for fun and besides that to simply learn how it works to get an adventage over other people in the future.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    There's a shit load of PS tut websites, one of the more popular ones is http://psd.tutsplus.com/ (check out the basix section) but a quick google search will give you plenty more.
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    Thanks a lot, I do realise there's tons of these tutoriols but I figured that if anyone else ever started of from scratch and had gone through the search before, it'd spare me a lot of time instead of just watching tons of different videos by different people and eventually hearing the same thing over and over. Thanks again. :wink:
  7. May 15, 2011
    I went to art college for a year and I still don't know everything to Photoshop. It's an expansive program that just keeps growing, but really, you only ever need a few tools, ie, the ones that are the easiest for you to use.

There aren't much tutorials online from what I remember, and if they're are they might not be the best, however, a neat little place I was shown in school was The Stock Well. Tons of tutorials expanding various tools, and quite helpful too.

As an architect (I assume you are?) you must be looking for inspiration/ideas all the time, and although it's a bit abstract, I would recommend looking through Worth 1000, a Photoshop enthusiast picture dump.
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    I use CS2 (was the only available copy i could physically, LEGALLY obtain), i'd love to get my hands on CS6, that would be a dream come true. Count yourself lucky
  9. May 15, 2011
  10. Jun 18, 2012
    Lol yea I saw that one when you uploaded it. BTW just something that caught my eye. Is it also possible to make singatures with it (I bet it is.)?

Thanks for the tutorials link I will certainly check this out aswell.

And no at this moment I'm not even close to becoming an architect, but I'm slowly getting there. But ideas for buildings and designs come and go as I see objects in my direct surroundings. Thanks for the link as anything can help.
    Post Merged, Nov 17, 2012
    *cough* par.. ro ...*cough* I'm not proud of it but once I have skills (and have all my certificates) I'll obtain the real thing.
  11. Mar 12, 2008

My own signature was made with my copy of PS. They're fun to practice with
  12. Jun 18, 2012
    Big chance I'll be PMing you sometime with tons of questions. However I'll save them up till I have at least 1 decent picture.
  13. Mar 12, 2008
    I know only what i've learned on my own, which isn't much. I know how to do layers, cropping, and adding stroke/effects to text. EDIT* and clone stamp effects
  14. Jun 18, 2012
    3 days in since a colleague gave me a 10 minute tutorial at work, I got to say that the basics of the basics are really easy and that you can make a very decent picture (as it being a first time. xD)
    • Like Like x 1