Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Physics glitch - Let's do something about it

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Luffaren, Apr 9, 2012

1. Feb 24, 2011
    As we all know our/all other servers eventually get the infamous physics glitch, where props and physic objects glide all over the place and messes different map mechanics up. This only seems fixable by restarting the server.

We've been trying to figure out what really causes it, but we can't say for sure. *I'm a few years late, my apologies*
    So i created this prefab which works as a detector for it so we can see when it happens at the exact moment, that could help us find out what's causing it exactly. (Hannibal made the exact same thing in minas as far as i know)

physglitch_pic
    This simple prefab only takes 3 entities, including the point_servercommand.

When the physics glitch occurs, the barrel will fall through the thin brush, straight into the trigger which spams the console 10 times during one second. So beware, you'll see this message at every round start after it's occured.

You can get the .vmf prefab here: physglitch_prefab.rar

Let's spread this around to as many mappers as possible, increasing the chances of finding the cause of it for every map which might trigger the glitch. Let's punch that glitch right in the kisser! :zombiekiller:

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Very nice And smart luffaren. Nice job. This is very helpful. I might use it to figure Natalya's shit prop glitch but thanks.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Oh damn this was posted in 2009, i missed out on it completely.
        As for the "2 collision groups within eachother" being destroyed i'd guess it could be preventable in some parts within mapping, but not the easiest task indeed.
        Thanks for the info Kyle.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I don't get it. I am actually working on a map with collisions that are not solid. Does this cause prop glitch or am I stupid for asking this? I just wanna know
      • Apr 9, 2007
        So long as props aren't stuck together when you're destroying them. The action should be fine, unless if there's an deeper cause and this isn't it.
      • Jul 4, 2011
        I think if this was implemented to Minas Tirith on a server with SourceTV, we'd be able to find the cause rather quickly.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I think if we ran SourceTV we'd crash before the cause is found.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1