Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pimping out my new S3. . .

Discussion in The No Count Section started by meeko, Nov 21, 2012

1. Oct 29, 2010
    TDLR: WHAT ARE SOME COOL THINGS/IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS TO DO TO PIMP OUT MY S3?!

Suggestions I heard already in the busiest chat activity pf had for a long time:

1. Rooting phone.
    2. Tapatalk, Airdroid, undervolting, etc.

Also, since this thread is in no-count: Feel free to completely derail the original topic of this post. I'll love to be a wallflower for this one.

Backstory: I got a new S3 yesterday.

My mother bought the family new phones (we were more than a year overdue for an upgrade). But in the process, she accidentally sucked the soul out of my phone and morphed it into a vegetable (read: no service).

Combine that with the fact I had no internet at home, the result was that I was completely unreachable for a few days.

I come home to the best Christmas/birthday/next birthday/the-birthday-after-that-birthday present I have ever received (and that I had never asked for): A Galaxy S3.

Coming off from a seven-year old, sliding phone that had half its screen broken. . .I'm completely stumped.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    turn the background, every app icon, and the picture for everybody in contacts so it shows it on caller ID when someone calls to this picture:

[IMG]
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      Meeko as said root it, but always verify what Model number your phone is (settings-> about-device-> model number) to make sure your using the right method of it. Roms are a good thing but will take time to find the right one for you. I'm still on official but taken off the bloatware stuff which is not bad.

Also you don't have to constantly install apps from the phone. play.google.com and log in with the gmail account that the phone is setup. Then choose app and pressed "install to device", presto it gets install when phone has internet.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      be wary of apps. read what they do first before you d/l them. Newegg had an app once that allowed it to take photos at anytime it wanted whether the person was using the camera or not.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Zedge is a great application for eye candy for your Android.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          This. I got the FF7 victory fanfare whenever i get a txt message. it's pretty.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          This is my SGS III homescreen at the moment running Android Open Collective Project 4.1.2, haven't really added anything to the homescreen yet :razz::

Screenshot_2012-11-21-15-18-02
          • Like Like x 2
            Dharkk, Nov 21, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Nov 21, 2012
          • May 14, 2011

I prefer the cleaner interface of CM10.
          • May 27, 2008
            Mitt Romney should have been elected as President of the United States.
          • Mar 12, 2008
            Bob Crosby was the greatest trampoline skydiver ever
          • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
          • Jul 1, 2010
            Eh, CM10 is just kind of generic. With the other ones you get improved features and much better battery life. Plus I like the dock layout at the bottom.

Don't get me wrong, CM is what makes these other AOSP/AOCP/AOKP roms possible though, a lot of them build off of the CM base.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            I am extremely content with the official rom, plus it being rooted though. Use to be heavy in custom rom including CM but official rom does everything and if I need something theres a app for it or a terminal window will do.
            Also I don't think meeko will get in on the custom rom (maybe upto rooting) until he figures out how to make a call, we can miss that detail so easy with these phones :doh:
          • Jul 1, 2010
            Stock got a lot better when the phone companies started stripping a ton of shit out of the interface when ICS came around, TouchWiz for this example. TouchWiz UX is actually really nice. Smooth as fuck. Kinda wish you could get TouchWiz on AOSP, but it's so ingrained in everything that it's impossible.

Luckily, Nova or Apex are also really nice. Trebuchet is a bit limited.
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Currently using an AOKP rom with nova launcher and I love it. Of course I don't have the s3 but still. I approve.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
          • Feb 14, 2012
            I personally have not found a reason to leave stock on my S3 yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Oct 29, 2010
            So. . . anyone has any experience getting around paying for tethering?
          • Jan 11, 2012
          • Oct 29, 2010