Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Nov 17, 2012

Which is your favorite album of Pink Floyd?

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A Saucerful of Secrets 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Soundtrack from the Film More 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ummagumma 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Atom Heart Mother 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Meddle 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Obscured by Clouds 0 vote(s) 0.0%
The Dark Side of the Moon 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Wish You Were Here 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Animals 0 vote(s) 0.0%
The Wall 1 vote(s) 25.0%
The Final Cut 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A Momentary Lapse of Reason 0 vote(s) 0.0%
The Division Bell 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Apr 9, 2012

Pink Floyd - The Wall

I've always wanted to create a thread on Pink Floyd and see what you guys think about them. In 2013, Pink Floyd (Roger Waters) will perform the complete album 'The Wall' with additional songs and a pletora of effects.

Pink Floyd, up till now, has always been the number 1 on my list, even when compared to all sorts of styles. Feel free to leave your ideas and thoughts on them!

Ok that's about it for the normal information. I'm going to the concert (I got the tickets already!). I'm dying to know how it'll be. It's been my dream for years to watch Pink Floyd live at least ONCE before I would die. I'm so happy right now!!

Even though the Wall isn't my favorite album, it's of no importance to me, I only want to see them perform! It'll be a huge succes and I can't wait (did I say that already?).

My ideas and opinions about Pink Floyd:

Pink Floyd is a progressive & psychedelic rock band, formed by Syd Barret back in the time. From the first (The Piper at the Gates of Dawn) till the last album (Division Bell) they have written and played masterpieces which will never fade away from my memories. Many people say that certain bands or singers were able to pull them throught hard times, for me it's no different with Pink Floyd.

To me, they have written certain pieces that in both music and depth of the text are the crop of the cream to this date. It's like as if no groups after Pink Floyd have been able to pull off something similar.

My most favorite album is 'Wish you Were Here' for several reasons. Not only is it their greatest masterpiece, but it's one of the most personally attaching albums ever made. It's a tribute to Syd Barret (which was the founder of Pink Floyd) and when you analyze the text they have written for it (Especially 'Shine on you Crazy Diamond (parts 1-9) and Wish you Were Here) it's simply unmatchable in my eyes. Dark Side of the Moon is their most known, I'm very well aware of that (second or third most sold album world-wide after Michael Jackson's Thriller and perhaps ACDC's Back in Black) but it isn't their best album!

They have one song which is for me the most beautiful in the entire world, and it's the one I mentioned earlier, Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Not only due to the text, but also due to the music (I'm saying this as a classical musician who mainly plays the Barok and the Romantism (actually all sorts of styles except modern for this time)). I'm not willing to say more, you should simply listen to it!

So that's about it. I want to hear all your opinions :smile: And if you didn't know Pink Floyd before reading this thread, then I highly suggest you to start listening to them!
  2. Oct 21, 2012
    The wall is my favorite :smile:
    mostly because the wall is what i listened to in my drug days. And for some reason listening to it reminds me to stay away. 0.o