Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plagiarism (use of my nickname)

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by b00bl1k, Dec 5, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 22, 2011
    I ran into this problem on the servers PF.

The player under the name =pf= dasmagic using my nickname! Constantly!
    And all the shit writes on my behalf!
    All the insults on my behalf!

This may confirm any player of this server:

What should do?

His profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037334470/
    That history of nick: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037334470/namehistory
    His SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38534371

My name in game and in steam: b00bl1k
    My profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/b00bl1k0506/

What should do? :weep:

P.S. Sorry for my english, i russian, i live in moscow.
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    I do see in his history he copied the names of one of our Admins
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Honestly, I do not think you can do anything. Changing your name to another players name is not against the rules. However, what I see is that Dasmagic has changed his name to Shazams name, who is an admin on the server. Changing your name to any admins name or anything close to an admins name is against the rules. But other than impersonating admins, I do not think we can do anything about him impersonating other players.
  4. Oct 22, 2011
    He is not just impersonating me
    He insults all on my behalf!
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    This is true, taking other player's names isn't against the rules. However putting the "[pF]" in your name is. I wonder what was he doing with that name

I'm watching him right now and I'm not seeing anything "insulting"
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    I agree, why he was using that admins name is quite interesting. Would this mean that he does not need a warning for a kick/ban if someone is to see him with another admins name?

EDIT: Like I say, we really cannot do anything about him taking your name and saying stuff. Unless what he is saying is breaking the rules.
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    He insulted everyone on the server
    my friends talked about this me
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    Insulting people isn't* against the rules to an extent. There is no reason why we should punish him.
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    Can't really do anything about insulting people. Not against the rules
  10. May 15, 2011
    I find this retarded. Nobody really gives a flying shit. However, if you can get a video and some screenshots of him making fun of you, they can take care of him. It is wrong for him to bully you. But it's not wrong for him to use your name. :/
  11. Oct 22, 2011
  12. Oct 22, 2011
    I'll try to record video
    to prove the
  13. Feb 18, 2011
    Remember though, you can not just record him using your name, he has to be breaking the rules. So if he is trolling, cadebreaking, using slurs make sure you get that.
  14. Feb 21, 2007
    I searched the logs in panic server from last night and he did indeed change his name to shazam. I am going to ban him for 1 day on grounds of this admin impersonation:

15. Mar 26, 2011
    There is the Proof.

Name Changed - December 4th, 2011 @ 7:48pm - [pf] Shazam
    Name Changed - December 5th, 2011 @ 9:51am - b00bl1k
    Name Changed - December 5th, 2011 @ 10:24am - =pf=dasmagic

What the heck!!!!
  16. Apr 4, 2009
    Just to clarify you can't copy someones name exact and pretend to be them, you can however have similar names.

Changed his ban to perm for admin/player impersonating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.