Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plaguefest Event

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by DopeScope, Nov 15, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 19, 2011
    I think we should have the donator competition event more often. This event is great for the community due to it bringing in a ton of people. During the event I noticed that zm was full during most of the event. Not only is this event brining in more people, but also it gives regulars a small reward for dedicating themselves to plaguefest.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    ZM is always full. If GG that would be another story.

Thanks though.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    I prefer events with admin prizes. ;]
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    I think we are ok as is.
  5. Apr 2, 2011
    I am sorry for not keeping up with this... but did we not just end a rather large event? And we now start plans for the next one??? :confused:
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    He wants to have another event like the one we had.
  7. Apr 6, 2011
    future would be idea to hold the event again i am up for it later on as soon as everyone is ready.. I will do the work again too if they decide to hold the event again.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    How about: no.
  9. Dec 17, 2010
    Even though i was scheduled to help with this event i couldn't because of lag issues. From all the gossip i have been hearing it sounds like we should have another event the same like this one but not soon, or turn it into a monthly event like every 2nd Saturday of the month if all the admins that helped are available. The event helped out a lot some of those that won the event actually bought or thought about admin.
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    There would be so many unpaid donators, if would not help the server at all.

The point of donations and the donator perks are because they are helping the server, not because you won some contest. Winning contests does not help pay for server costs, and if would feel pretty cheap to those that did donate to us (Thank you guys <3)
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    I was thinking like months from now not any time soon it would be pointless to have it all the time.. but it did bring players in for the event helps out with the population but still need to donation to keep the servers up and running..
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    A better idea, however is if you decide to PAY for these donator's spots, should they win, then you could hold the contest whenever you'd like. Just saying there's no point in having a monthly contest where everyone's got a chance to win.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    Didn't Chels do this for the current contest?
  14. Jan 12, 2011
    I don't think so, since the idea was to give winners a taste of donator - a period less than what would be normally purchased. If the winners enjoy the perks enough, they may consider buying donator for themselves later. This event was a shot for any player to get a free trial without consequence, basically.
  15. Dec 17, 2010
    As chels has said before the contest motivates them to buy donator or possibly admin. Example: One of the winners for the event Erik Swagg actually bought admin.

I am saying that only if we have the sources that we could possibly have it monthly, but i know that its to soon to be thinking about it. But i do like how the event turned out and i agree with chels seeing another possible event like this months from now.
  16. Nov 14, 2010
    I've been wanting to organize a, rather large, competition for some time.
    Something along the lines of, pay to play, with multiple prizes.

Would be on our GunGame server. (Help populate it)
    People would have to be registered for the event to participate.
    Server would be private, and only registered players and admins may connect.
    SourceTV would be available for anyone that wasn't participating, and wants to watch.
    Strict rules would be in-place for the event.
    A minimum of 10 people have to register for the event to be in place. (Grand Prize Cover Charge)

Registration Fee = $5.00 (non refundable after event starts)

1st: Grand Prize of $50 + Donator for a year + Plaguefest T-Shirt (If admin = 3 months free admin)

2nd: Donator for 6 months + Plaguefest T-Shirt (If admin = 2 months free admin)

3rd: Donator for 1 month + Plaguefest T-Shirt (If admin = 1 month free admin)
    Of course, this is all just an idea I've had, and knowing what happens to my ideas when I have them. None of this will probably happen. Just throwing it out there.
  17. Apr 9, 2007
    SourceTV is completely broken and dead.
  18. Mar 12, 2008

Chuck Testa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.