Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plaguefest Multigame

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Ghost, Aug 3, 2012

Yes; I would make 2 maps 3 vote(s) 13.6%
Yes; I would make 1 map 4 vote(s) 18.2%
Yes; I cant map but I would like to see this. 12 vote(s) 54.5%
No 3 vote(s) 13.6%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well I have seen many communities have their own multi game out there. So, how you you guys like to make a multigame for plaguefest. Each mapper could contribute 1/2 minigames for it, we would be looking to hit ~14 of them. I would create a spawn for it and manipulate the maps so they all fit together.

I would also make it easy for you guys, I would give you a prefab with all the basic entities so those arn't duplicated. Such as servercommand. These entities would also reside within the main map but when you give the map to me to compose I would only take the map without the box of entities I provide you so it would fit together, if you know what I mean.

This is just a question, who would be interested. Of course, all new mappers are welcome but if your map is bad I will have to reject it or make modifications (no hard feelings).

This is not a thread to say, wow this will be hard to organise; I will do that for you. I'm sure there will be snags along the way but I will deal with those, all YOU have to do is create the map.

Let me know here if you would make a map for this.

Originality is a plus but not required.

The theme is dev textures.

These are the textures we would use, as you can see, the choices are great.

P.S.: If we get more than 4 mappers interested I will make the prefab and start on the spawn. So everyone can start. :smile:

P.S.2: Only 2 maps per person, so it isn't dominated by one mapper, and of course you will be credited as each map is chosen.

P.S.3: Of course, take your time but small mini games can be just as fun, if not more fun, then big ones.

EDIT: Template is here: http://goo.gl/J0dUq

Prefixes used

Maps completed: 1
    Ghost, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by Ghost, Aug 5, 2012
  2. Jun 18, 2012
    Sounds like a great idea, reminds me of Ze_random_v5, I'd join if I was a better mapper and had ideas for actual minigames. GOOD LUCK!
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Not participating at all, but good luck!
  4. May 5, 2011
    Sounds like a great idea ghost, how long are you planning to finish this project?
  5. May 14, 2011
    Until we get the necessary amount of maps. But about a month is my best bet, hopefully less.
    Post Merged, Aug 3, 2012
    ALL mappers are welcome, even if your bad. :smile:
  6. May 28, 2012
    Im In! Ill Contribute something xD!
  7. Nov 11, 2011
  8. Jul 18, 2012
    Go for it. Ill give mapping a go.
  9. May 15, 2011
    Ghost the link is broked. Also, I suggest using these 3 packs when building Dev. Since they supply tons of working material.

488 textures - 488 Dev textures

Real Dev - 68 Flat textures

Dev Neons - 18 glowing Dev light textures

Also, I'll try getting in something myself.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      I linked 488 Dev Textures
      Post Merged, Aug 3, 2012
      Alright so far we've got:

Is this correct?
    • May 28, 2012
    • May 30, 2012
      Would love to join you but i have no experience in making Multigame maps :frown:
    • May 15, 2011
      Who cares! :D

All of us mappers are more than willing to teach you if you would like to learn. If not than you can be our mascot. A really, fugly mascot. :P
    • May 30, 2012
      @Dirtbag FFS TEACH ME!

Design is np its just coding you kno lol
    • May 14, 2011
      This is by plaguefest, everyone can contribute. Of course, maps need to reach a certain level before they are put on but more experienced mappers can help you with that.
    • May 30, 2012
      @Ghost ^
      Sounds good but im really interested in learning making maps for multigame as i love multigame maps Heh.
    • Jul 18, 2012

Google is your friend.
    • May 15, 2011
      Or, the infinite supply of mappers here on pF are your friends.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Sign me up.
        Give me that base prefab, and give it to me good.

• Funny Funny x 2
        • May 14, 2011
          Sorry I'm building my pc now, I will upload it as soon as I got my comp running. :smile:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2