Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plaguefest MULTIGAMING Community?

Discussion in Gaming started by Drearystate, Sep 8, 2014

1. May 12, 2007
    I am curious if we ever supported other games aside from Counter Strike, it says multigaming but we only have Counter Strike servers. Was there once a day when we supported different games? And will that day ever come again if it did occur?
    Post Merged, Sep 8, 2014
    Keep in mind that I may have been a Plaguefest junkie since 07' but all I played was Zombie and never thought to look for something else on here.
  2. Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  3. May 12, 2007
    Still Counter Strike, that's why I wasn't version specific :smile:
    Post Merged, Sep 8, 2014
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    Following the style of multi-gaming you could include any variant of CS:S that is officially supported by plaguefest. CS:GO also counts, but these are officially supported by plaguefest (i.e dedicated servers, and direct adminship thru brian and management) There was a minecraft server once upon a time, but it was lost in the reckoning.

There has been many unofficially supported games over the years that have been populated by plaguefest members. Normally we'd pick a game that looks appealing, and within everyone's spending limits and/or free to play. It almost always gets a forum post so we can vote on it and/or save it for later if something better comes along. There has been many many "flavors of the week" that were picked up and put down, some are still around. Keep in mind that none of these games are officially supported, so no sticky posts or management announcements, just forum posts usually in the gaming section. Some are more permanent than others and we always try to look for multi-player if possible.

You'll need to check the forums every now and then if you want to keep up.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      I think I have read discussions looking into hosting other games, but I don't think it's been done yet or it wasn't possible? We should look into this if it is possible, as CSS is slowly decaying.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      We've had servers on TF2, Nuclear Dawn, Minecraft, CSGO (but that didn't last long due to an onslaught of issues and lack of support from csgo/valve), and possibly others that I'm forgetting.

Realistically CSGO is looking like the next step as far as official expansion goes. Issues are actively being worked on so with any luck (or lots of luck, blood, sweat, and tears) we'll have something playable in the ZM realm sometime soon(tm).

If you're looking to play some games with the rest of the community, refer to Taters' post above and hang out in mumble more often - mumble users are always playing different games together.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        I remember when there where hosted 007 Nightfire servers, I miss that so much.
      • Sep 7, 2014
        I can help you with CoD4. Still 7k servers remaining and most are filled with players. Got special mods which are unique. Hit me up if you want me to do so. It will be success right away.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Mar 30, 2013
          Since the knockback was fixed, i think the zombie mod / escape is playable now.
        • Mar 16, 2008
          • Like Like x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Jun 29, 2014
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Mar 16, 2008
              I would throw one up in a heartbeat if people actually populated it. We could easily have TF2 servers online but getting the initial population so people stay in the server is the hard part. Getting people to come back isn't hard but you have to bring them there in the first place.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Jun 11, 2012
                I would love a TF2 server we could populate either constant with constant numbers or the thing we do each nights on Mumble where we hop on MG ( I would squeal if we could have a TF2 server).
              • Jun 29, 2014
                yea , i myself am a gold rush junkie , what kind of map rotation did you guys have before? payload? cptf?
              • Mar 16, 2008
                stock maps is what I loved. Payload seems to do better. I'm not a giant fan of custom maps.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                ah that would be cool , payload rotation is cool , not sure how a trade server would do.
              • Mar 16, 2008
                Trade servers seem to be a hit as people like to be sharks. Regulating them is tiring and getting it populated isn't very easy as people love stupid plugins on trade servers. I might try one out though. I still play TF2 almost daily so I'm not against trying again but it will end up deleted if I can't populate it in a reasonable amount of time.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                yea i see a lot of empty trade server and only a had full of good ones that are populated , what maps do you like to play? or are you into he trading side of it more
              • Mar 16, 2008
                I'm not really a trader even though I have a ton of valuable items on tf2. I only go into trade servers to show off items I'm not willing to trade. I normally go on goldrush or dustbowl servers and get my fill for the day and then hop off once I've dominated someone enough that they leave the server.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                lol i like the way you think , goldrush , dustbowl or badwater are the only maps i will play , since i joined pF and got back on css i have not been on tf2 in a while , i use to be heavily into trading , got into the whole paypal and buying items then got out of it.