Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plaguefest Site - A Touch of Mold

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Bella, Mar 16, 2012

1. Nov 14, 2010
    BUT!

I feel like it's lost it's "plagueness."

Not saying "USE THIS IMAGE" - Just givin' an example of what I mean.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Cool! I like how you took the current logo and "zombied" it up :razz: Maybe Brian can tell you what he wants or whatever and you could make a higher resolution one? i dono why i said that its the exact same size as the current logo
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 2, 2011
        Honestly Bella. That is awesome! But I am against all the same. It would muddy up the clean and professional look we have here on the website... Just personal taste really... but meh
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • May 27, 2008
          I like it. I wanna see what it'd look like.
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I do like it, but I don't think it'll fit the theme of our forums. I honestly liked the old dark theme (not because I live in a dark cave), it gave our community that "eerie, gloomy, zombie feeling". If we had that, then your sweet logo would fit it perfectly. :thumbsup: thumbs up for the great job!
          • Jun 4, 2006
            that's pretty dang sweet... shame it doesn't fit. Can't ditch our current clean/neutral one, but perhaps I can come up with something semi-clever to incorporate a little zombie esque where appropriate... certainly wouldn't be a site-wide ordeal... more so an easter egg... can't do anything though unless you get your greasy palms on the PSD.

for the record it lost its plagueness cause we really don't see ourselves as just zombies anymore, yea that's our roots and still currently our main aspect, but we're gonna be branching. A neutral look doesn't make us feel constrained to any one type of game / server.
          • Nov 14, 2010
            I'd be happy to help contribute possible themes if that will be implemented. Let me know! :grin: And my greasy palms love PSDs :wink:
          • Dec 6, 2011
            @Brian , what about adding some detail to make the forums less plain? Maybe a little more pizzazz =P Would that be considered/be worth doing? Also what's the news on having changeable themes for the site? Was that shot down?
          • Jun 4, 2006
            a LOT of work goes into that... the latter, I mean. It wasn't shot down, it's just going to take a long time before you ever see a glimpse of it, if ever. Maintaining two skins at once isn't very fun either, so it has to be done right from the git go to minimize maintenance with updates.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            ah ofc, yea it makes perfect sense. "Hey! Brian! Look after all 5 of these themes and keep them all up to date! Also, each time something new to the site is added, I want you to work out the bugs/glitches in each theme too! Shouldn't be too long!" Lol, I can see where the fun would begin to diminish.
          • Jul 5, 2008
            although i think the header and footer are using wayyy to much space, but other then that.
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Yeah no, it wouldn't be too fun. I still want to pursue the idea though and will when the time comes, but the CURRENT theme isn't even done yet (I change/optimize shit daily, some noticeable, most not, still a lot of outstanding style bugs, especially in IE), seems pretty silly to begin a second one at this stage. All in due time... got plenty of other shit on my plate in the meantime though. :sweat: