Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plaguefest the only plague being contained

Discussion in Future Servers started by Meltdown™, Jan 8, 2016

1. Feb 25, 2014

Ok so the question is simple, we all want to play together but lets be honest CSS isn't doing it any more, go is not a worthy follow up or at least that is what I'm thinking with all the stories going around, correct me if I'm wrong.

Lets just say were super awesome, how come were not spreading to new games, making new servers luring in new people so we can even make more friends and of course money.

I'm just curios what are people playing what do you think of the game you are playing and do you think it is worthy to give it a shot as community. I mean we must broaden our horizon; css isn't going to last forever ever ever ever ever ever....

I think but also correct me if I'm wrong, we have a good community with all kind of loonies; we keep each other pretty much entertained and even if we sometimes have our differences we do keep coming back, despite all the so called goodbye shit that is.

So the question is simple (yes I like to repeat myself), what is a good next step and why I'm really curios about all the answers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
    • Feb 8, 2013
      There sure are a lot more of these threads concerning this community's health and the revisions and reconstruction of PlagueFest. I do enjoy chomping on popcorn and participating in the dramas for the drama show, but sometimes it does get annoying.
    • Feb 1, 2010
      I think there is no much active players on this community anymore. I think everyone here is in almost in his 30 (im 28 :grin: ) who would start playing new game to populate new server to bring new people. Most of us are busy in RL.

Other than CSGO most popular games are gmod and minecraft that there is lots of people playing i dont see any other games to start playing (TF2 server? LOL).

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Thread #9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 confirmed
      • Apr 18, 2014
        Jeremy, Jan 8, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
      • Feb 27, 2012
        it's not "just another thread". It never hurts to have threads like this. After all, people did ask for a JB server, and we at least attempted that. Just because nothing comes out of the majority of the threads, doesn't necessarily mean the same for this one.

There hasn't been a decent release even worth trying that supports linux. DayZ would have been fantastic, and i'm sure we would have jumped on that ship, if the Dedicated Server files were there for linux. Unfortunately, they were only available for Windows Servers. I hope we can move into whatever new game Valve releases. We know they've got shit coming, we just don't know what, when, and in which order.

Me, i play CS:GO competitive. Idunno if it would be worth setting up a competitive type 100 tick server at all. It would need to function pretty much like a Valve Official server settings wise. This includes all voting commands. But again, i don't think this would be worth it.
        I also play GTA 5 Online, Rocket League, and The Forest. But there are no dedicated servers for those.

We really need a decent new game that is properly support by Linux.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Feb 25, 2014
          I'm just outing my curiosity, don't make such drama of it(not that I hadn't see this coming, Like orange said it is fun, especially when he himself tackle's it while dissin himself). I'm not demanding anything I'm not saying we should do anything. I'm just curios, people immediately throw there accusations out there, if you guys would just relax and read. Your porcelain face wouldn't break if you ought to smile a bit from time to time. and remember time moves forward, so of course this would be thread 999999999, would be kind of sad if there would be no development at all.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          For like.. a week maybe. Dayz has made 0 progress on fixing bugs since the SA launched.

GMOD SLED/H&S SERVER PLS
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            This seems to be the most recurring answer I've encountered when making suggestions for new games. It's a bit of a bummer really.

Killing Floor 2
            Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016
            Also, how is that RPG server coming along @Tony The Tiger?

@Tony The Tiger
            @Tony The Tiger
            @Tony The Tiger
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Apr 18, 2014
              Jeremy, Jan 8, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
            • Apr 26, 2015
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jul 7, 2014
                If we want to lure more players in then we should dramatically improve our servers. As you said in another thread, "quality over quantity" when our server(s) improve, THEN we should think about quantity. **HINT: notice how I said WHEN our server(s) improve lol

**I just don't know if people support ideas being given by many people to improve our servers, they get shot down by people not enjoying this game enough to give fucks**
                Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016
                EDIT: if we're moving onto different games I'm all for it
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jun 29, 2014
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  @JorisCeoen?
                • Oct 24, 2015
                  Rust is the go to game if there is going to be any expansion. It's easy to set up and very lucrative with setting up donation packages etc. It can be serviced on linux as well and the community of Rust is continually expanding and growing. They do weekly updates every Thursday. This would be the only viable option of a game that can profit from new members, commerce etc. that is if the staff or owners are willing to setup a server which would take 30 minutes max. I don't see it happening but let's see what the future holds.

-The Revolution will be televised
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Dec 28, 2014
                    Guys not going to lie. I honestly think this is a non-issue.

I dont really want to buy more games, css is my go-to. Lots of people still play CSS actually, it is one of steams most popular games. Plaguefest is the most popular english zm server. Where is this issue that everyone is having?
                  • Apr 18, 2014
                    Jeremy, Jan 9, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
                  • Jun 29, 2014
                    LOL 1.6 has more players then CSS, it is deff not one of steams most popular games