Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PlanetSide : Why aren't you playing?

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Nov 26, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2008
    It's like TF2 combined with Battlefield 3 (or 2 or 1 or whatever you want) and it's pretty fast paced. You pick a faction, and attempt to control as much territory as you can as a group. This game is very squad friendly, and has options to upgrade your class, and buy new weapons and attachments for your weapons. It uses a free-to-play model, so you can buy "SC" coins to buy weapons. For the "Free way" You earn a "Certification" (shorthand: certs) every 250 exp points, and some weapons cost 100 certs, so you can afford those pretty easily. Fun game, a lot better than the first PlanetSide. There's also a day/night cycle so overall visibility gets affected as well.

Here's a short video i caught roughly 30 mins ago before the server restart. Yay for server restarts, misleading markers, and bullet drop! You'll hear us call out "_________ spotted" a lot, because it marks the target with a triangle, makes them easier to see. Stealthers can go invis and remove it, so we have to keep calling it out. You get bonus EXP if you do it too.

Default sniper with 12x magnification scope. Sorry if quality isn't great, this was a first-run test with the recording option "high render, High Quality". (apparently "high quality" is the "very high" option on the list)

@Dharkk @dillinger @Clam Chowder @AkaDemikz @Canadian Moose @Momo
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
      Taters, Nov 26, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Nov 27, 2012
    • Jan 21, 2011

But on a serious note, it would probably be detrimental to my academics if I joined you.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Only got a chance to play it for a few minutes before the server went down. The battles can be clusterfucky and fun to watch.
    • Mar 12, 2008

You should play with us if you get a chance seeks
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        I'll download it and hop on if I get some time to kill.
      • Jun 2, 2012
        The game looks like a lot of fun ... but I don't think my laptop can handle it >.<
      • Dec 6, 2011
        It look alright, it seems like it's mostly running though. Are there any smaller maps?
      • Jul 1, 2010
        No smaller maps and there isn't as much running as you think. Can also buy vehicles and air vehicles. You can spawn at various points on the map.
      • Feb 24, 2011
        • Like Like x 2
        • Nov 6, 2011
          because u typed this is the reason i wont play now
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Jan 11, 2012
            Just saw it on TV and thought, I had to DL it, so what server do you play on? And what faction?
          • Apr 1, 2012
          • Mar 12, 2008
            The server we're on right now is HELIOS and we're all BLUE team.

I don't know why everyone isn't playing. According to steam, all 96 of my friends are already playing it.
            Taters, Nov 27, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Nov 27, 2012
          • Jan 11, 2012
            Because it's F2P, all of your friends "play" it. So it doesn't matter what of the 3 factions I choose as long as I'm in the blue team?

Edit: Ahh okay, Rebels are Blue, Techs are Violett and the Republic is Red
            Satsukii, Nov 27, 2012 Last edited by Satsukii, Nov 27, 2012
          • Mar 12, 2008
            Blue is a faction, It's called New Conglomerate. I've listed some of the perks below. You can make multiple characters on the same server with different factions. They all have different perks too. Just everyone is playing for blue for now.

Purple has no bullet drop, vehicles with high maneuverability

Red has the fastest firing weapons and fastest vehicles

Blue has the slowest firing/reloading weapons and vehicles, but tanks/flying vehicles have more damage and armor
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Someone was kind enough to invite me to the beta. I launched the game, and was hit with corrupt gameplay audio. It wasn't playable at all :frownbig:
          • Mar 12, 2008
            Seems fine to me. There's a couple of graphical bugs that hit after a supreme lag spike (flashing screen, no bueno), which thankfully is rare. Only prob i have with the audio is not being able to turn the damn music down from the main menu, you have to be in-game.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Ah! I guess I should have dealt with it and changed it ingame. I launched to the main menu, blew my ears out, then just only launched it when updates were pushed hoping they fixed it.
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Anyone else notice the video is a tad unoptimised in relation to frame rate?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Nov 29, 2010
            The game's ultra settings will make a computer choke in a huge battlefield with hundreds of players on the screen. they made a few sacrifices in terms of quality of life for snipers, but sniping is still a joy, had a ton of fun sniping with bargirl last night