Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bug Player Disconnect and Ban Messages

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Feb 15, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    I'd like to request to have these two messages back. The disconnect messages can help us find people who disconnect/reconnect to avoid death, and those who reconnect to ghost. It's very hard to prove without it.

The second thing isn't as big of a deal, but it's the ban messages that comes up when you ban someone. They haven't worked for a long time, and they'd be nice so you know you banned the player for sure.
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Ye I always have to check the bansite to see if nothing went wrong and to be sure.^^

If its possible that only admins would see it the disconnect messages , normal players arent flooded by disconnect messages.

It especially helps if players left before you unmuted or ungagged them or they had an illegal spray and you are still checking if its there possibly

The death avoiding issue is probably more a zm topic
      • Like Like x 2
      • Jan 3, 2013
        ^ Yes, totally agree. There are too many players that disconnect to avoid death, and is hard to tell if they are purposely doing it or not...
      • Mar 30, 2013
        On the ze, when the last zombie disconect we don't even know who he was (often happen on Paranoid).
        It would be great to add this plugin
      • Jan 1, 2013
        We could ban them for 5 minutes to warn them lololol
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I don't understand. This isn't something to warn them, it's to help us notice people who disconnect to avoid death. Say there is a guy right infront of you that you're just about to stab. You didnt see his name, and he disconnects to avoid being stabbed. What do you do? Sure, you're a little pissed off, but you didn't get his name! Well, if we got the disconnect messages, we would see who the last person was that disconnected, and we could give them a 5 min ban on SB. The messages make a lot of things easier. I've noticed people reconnecting/disconnecting to avoid death a lot recently on ZM, and this would definitely benefit us.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Mar 30, 2013
        • May 11, 2011
          From what i have seen this is not a big issue on ze.
        • Dec 11, 2013
          Totally agree with tony, many people also like to disconnect to avoid death, reset score and many ..... But this will make the server very annoying and sometimes when people report it, our admins also can't do their jobs, becuase we doesn't had prove lolz.....
        • Aug 12, 2012
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            People who play the game too seriously are no fun to play with :< Which is one big reason i don't play MMO's lol.
          • Jan 21, 2011
            Yeah... Except this has nothing to do with rank whoring at all...

I've missed these messages since they stopped working however long ago that was. I thought there was a thread about this already, but I guess it went no where. It would be handy to have the old d/c messages that included the player's steam id; we could tell if a player left to evade a punishment and returned with a different name.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 1, 2012
              the ban message does appear to other players afaik, but it doesn't appear to yourself.
              unless I"m missing something
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
              • Apr 1, 2012
                Sorry, I've been sleeping with lead particles everywhere thanks to the paintjob
              • Apr 24, 2012
                I would like seeing who disconnected. That would make it alot easier for people who are trying to "avoid" death.
                • Funny Funny x 3
                • Sep 1, 2013
                  i have witnessed numerous people leaving the servers to avoid death. it would be great to have somewhere to check if players have been known to purposely leave the servers to avoid death. kinda like the bans page thing
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jan 25, 2014
                    Certain players also disconnect and reconnect to refresh their health refreshed and if they run out of zteles This would be very useful
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    yea i def agree with this…it makes it's a lot easier to see who avoids death…or avoids any punishment for that matter…i think it would really help out a lot

i'm just agreeing with molly bc it's molly :smile:
                  • Feb 3, 2012
                    I wouldn't mind if the player disconnect would show up again, but what you can do for ban messages is just open up the console and it's messaged there.
                    • Informative Informative x 2