Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Player list mute not working on the server?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Duy, Sep 21, 2013

1. Apr 11, 2012
    Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it Fix it,Fix it, Fix it. it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it,Fix it.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    holy shit, you actually have a forum account?

on topic: it's been known to be this way for a while now (even when I started joining pF a year ago)
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    This is a problem on all servers and by valve, nothing to really fix besides tell Valve who will just ignore you.
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    This is a problem with all the CS:S servers. I guess you should !blame Valve. :dontknow:
  5. Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah I have a forum account but i rarely ever use it. Okay Plan B. New rule, children are to be instantly muted by admins if they use their mics on the server.
  6. Feb 3, 2012
    If they aren't spamming the mic then I see no reason to mute them.
  7. Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah but you see the thing is, most people don't want some dumb kids to soil our experience on the server by listening to some prepubescent squeaky voice, that experience should only be for people who play consoles.
  8. Feb 3, 2012
    Maybe if steam could do something with have the ability to mute a certain player via Shift+Tab.
  9. May 27, 2012
    I have used it on other servers without any issues. I haven't bothered trying it on pF, so maybe its some client issue or something, but no trouble with it on other servers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012

Also I can see your not of PC Master Race...this is quite worrying. I must inform the counsel of Master Races.
      Benderius, Sep 21, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Sep 21, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Does it reset? It obviously clears on reconnection.

This is the first I've heard of it
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Well personally I've had problems muting people on several servers on separate occasions in the past.
    • Apr 20, 2011
      Its vavle they fix something and fucm up other thing
    • Sep 25, 2010
      No, sometimes players just don't get muted.
    • Mar 30, 2013
      The spammers you want to mute are almost never mute (maybe because they keep spamming their mic when you mute them). But if you try that on other players, it work :shock:

!blame ValvE
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I heard it works good if you try muting them when they aren't using the mic, kinda like what Moltard is saying but the other way around. If someone is using the mic while you try to mute them in the Player List it won't work.

But to put what I said completely to rest lol. I just remembered some instances when I've tried muting someone while they were talking on the mic and it actually worked and also when someone wasn't talking and didn't work. So maybe it's just a hit and miss sort of thing..and or derp bug
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Guys, here's the actual explanation (but not the cause):

Sometimes, player names listed in the 'playerlist' that you use to mute people do NOT match up correctly with who they really are. For instance:
        - There are 3 players, A, B, and C in a server
        - 'playerlist' lists them all, but when you mute player A, it is ACTUALLY muting player B (Even though 'playerlist' shows that you muted player A).
        - When you mute player B, it is ACTUALLY muting player C, and when you mute C, it mutes A.

Expand this example to the entire server... I don't know exactly how the pattern works, however I have noticed:
        - servers with less than 30 people seem not to bug very often, although it still happens
        - servers with more than 30 people bug quite often
        - sometimes muting player A really will mute player A, yet B will mute C (some players are listed correctly and others are not)

also: muting someone who is currently talking doesnt usually take effect immediately... sometimes it takes a few seconds to work, and sometimes it wont work until they stop talking and release their talk key.
        • Informative Informative x 2