Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

players on fire

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by DopeScope, Dec 19, 2011

1. Jul 19, 2011
    i was on a different server and i saw that when zombies were naded, smoke was drifting up from them. I did a little test and found that removing the flames will have a noticeable fps increase on servers. There should not be a change in speed just removing the flames would cause less lag.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    I +1 this, I've noticed it too on some other servers.
  3. Aug 5, 2010
    I like the way the fire looks like and the smoke
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    That sounds visually disapointing to me :razz:
  5. Jul 28, 2011
    I don't mind the fire. But if only we could somehow make it smell like smoke too.....
  6. Mar 12, 2008

lulz. yeah napalm puts you on smoke
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    I feel compelled to light dopescope on fire every time I see him in game now.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    I don't see the point in destroying the nice visual quality, if you can't run this game then you must be running win95 on a 90's computer. My temporary computer is a $350 rig with a 9500gt... lol.... I still get good fps on most maps, never below 20 on predator/minas/mako. I disagree on going for better fps, because most people get 50+ for this game.
  10. Aug 1, 2011
    I never have an issue or notice an fps change unless there is like 40+ zombies on fire at once, and then I usually just laugh at it because its awesome.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
  12. Oct 29, 2010

A fiery clusterfuck of hilarity never ceases to amuse me.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
  14. Jun 10, 2011
    With all the lag problems our servers have been having, I can see why he'd come forward with this suggestion, no need for ridicule.

I do believe though that our lag problems are code specific or something, and totally beyond my comprehension, but this probably wouldn't help much, though thank you for the suggestion.
  15. Feb 12, 2011
    Actually it gives quite an improvement.... Seen it myself when comparing those few w/o it to the ones with flames.
  16. Apr 2, 2011
    Lag isn't so bad that it would call for smoke instead of fire.
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    Servers differ in a myriad of ways, I doubt fire was the sole factor in the frame rate increase you perceived. Though I can understand if you saw a frame rate increase on your side of things; but that's all you, not the servers.
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    The only frame rate increase would be clientside.

Unless if they're just stunting speed and not setting clients on fire at all.