Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plug DJ for Plaguefest Zombie Mod

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Serb_Power, May 1, 2015

1. Apr 18, 2012
    Since we all talk about music what better way to listen to each others music through plug dj, where not only can we discover new music from different genres, we can also grow as a community and be an incentive to come in the morning or early afternoon where you can lounge in the server while keeping some music going with your friends.

First

What is plug dj?
    It is an interactive online social music streaming website that consists of different online chat rooms, called "communities", that users can freely create. Inside each community, users may choose to join a wait list and wait for their turn to be the DJ for everyone else in the community, playing a video or song chosen from either YouTube or SoundCloud, or simply listen passively. Users may also vote positively or negatively for each song or video played, or add it to their own playlists. By spending time or being active on the site, they earn experience points (XP) and plug points (PP), which are used to unlock and purchase various items, such as new avatars and chat badges.

In Laymans terms you put up a video, song, or something from Youtube/Soundcloud (preferably not too long as a courtesy to your fellow Djs in line), you can vote whether you like the song or not (usually a courtesy to always upvote, unless it indeed is terrible to your ears, constructive criticism is fine, most communities have this), and you can also grab a player's video/song and add it to your own playlists (you can make endless playlists.

Admins can come in and will make them their appropriate titles to come and look.

https://plug.dj/pf-plaguefest
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      We've used Plug DJ many times when hosting random gaming events. Most people are familiar with it. :razz:
    • Apr 18, 2012
      I've never seen a dedicated plaguefest channel with most admins/members knowing about this. Most of the people on ZM have never heard of this before.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I don't think we have a dedicated channel, but I know that we've used it for events in Mumble and playing other random games besides CS:S. I'm all for it.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      I have no idea who any of those people are in the host list besides luffaren. At this point a ZM Plaguefest Plug would be more appropriate for the ones interested in the zombie mod section that I talked to.

It's more of a sense of familiarity which in this case most ZM players would be not likely to join if they don't know a single person from the channel. Sort of what's happening in mumble where zm players are not joining because they don't see a familiar name.

Not to say it's ZM exclusive but for those who don't really know many people and don't join if they have no friend in it.
      Serb_Power, May 1, 2015 Last edited by Serb_Power, May 1, 2015
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I have never heard of this before. Thank you for sharing this Serb, I'm up for it!
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Do you even twitch?
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Dec 27, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I used to be like that, then one day I just joined and said hi. That's it. People will say hi back.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Uhh okay? I was just letting you know we already had a channel. No need to use it if you don't want to.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Apr 18, 2012
              Sorry if I come off as critical. Totally not what I am doing. But asking if it would be alright to set up something like this for the people that play on Zombie Mod (like I said not exclusively but a place where they can actually start at their comfort level rather than being new, not knowing anybody, not knowing what to talk about, etc.). Talking to some of the regulars on Zombie Mod makes me feel like they are just too afraid to join the mumble because it already has the established cliques and why would they take their effort to try and join when they can simply play on ZM with their friends? You know what I'm trying to say? My english may not be the best but I'm simply trying to establish a loungey area where regular zombie mod users can gather, rather than somewhere they would feel awkward in.
            • Feb 1, 2011
              I am 100% sure that would be totally okay, so long as it's known it's not being run by pF management. Go for it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
            • Jun 11, 2012

Some idiot is playing stuff right now