Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plugin Ideas

Discussion in Minecraft started by Dharkk, Jan 18, 2012

1. Jul 1, 2010
    The original thought behind the pF server when it was first put up was to provide a as close to vanilla as possible Minecraft experience. However, from my own personal experience this can sometimes be a bit boring. Mojang has definitely added a lot to the game, but there are plugins for a reason.

I'm putting up this thread for plugin ideas. Making a request does NOT mean that the plugins will be put in, or that any additional plugins will be added. This is just to throw around ideas.

One thing that will be put in most likely is a permissions system.

http://bukkit.org is where we pull the plugins from.
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    (Links to plugins are in the title.)

[MA] Mob Arena
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:

Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    Play alone or team up with friends
    Earn glorious prizes
    Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    Easy to set up
    Extremely easy to use
    Very few user commands
    Supports Permissions and all major economies
    Supports Spout
    Supports Heroes

Monster Hunt

Are your players building at day, but bunker into their houses when night comes? Make them hunt monsters!
    This plugins adds another layer of fun against monsters. It's absolute must have, if you have monsters turned on.
    At night, when monsters come out, the plugin will count how many monsters each player kills. At the end of the night the Top 3 scoring Players will be announced globally.
    Additionally, you can enable reward to add another way of gathering stuff to the server or to simply motivate players to hunt monsters.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
  4. Nov 14, 2010
    Essentials Please... for the love of God!
    http://forums.bukkit...597-1714.15312/

Color Text: "Meh, why not, seems cute/fun"
    http://forums.bukkit...perperms.14108/

Color Player Names: "As you can see by now, I like colors!"
    http://forums.bukkit...1-0-1-r1.49691/

RotateThings: "Finally!"
    http://forums.bukkit...1-0-1-r1.29730/

QuickSign: "Sign Editing!!!"
    http://forums.bukkit...1-0-1-r1.27443/

BreakTime: "I think SOME OF YOU... you know who you are... need this, so let's add it!"
    http://forums.bukkit...1-0-1-r1.41647/
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    I was under the impression that this was already on the server?
    Besides, most of the commands will need permissions to access, that could lead to greifing.

I was also going to suggest the BananaProtect plugin because I used it on my server for a bit.
    It protects every single block a person puts down and only allows said blocks to be broken by the person who placed them. It's awesome too because you can add people to your list who can also access all of your things.
    Only problem is it was exploited and people would greif by building around other peoples house, thus locking them out until an admin took it down. :\

TravelPad!
    Seeing as how our server is completely spread out in terms of player's living quarters I think this addon would makes live a bit easier when trying to transport goods to each other.

Once the portal is created, you must name it, and then your set to go! To warp from one pad to another, each player must have one Enderman Pearl in their inventory. Then, step onto a portal and type /travelpad tp [name]. You may either choose to take the pearl from the player once they teleport, or leave it in their inventory (That option is in the config file)
  6. Jul 1, 2010
    I'd rather keep protection to WorldGuard/WorldEdit and I'm not too sure about a traveling system. I'd like to at least keep SOMETHING vanillaish.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    With the craftbook plugin and LWC you can make a cage/holding cell and anyone not on protection would not be able to enter your area.

Example:

there's a warp station at spawn and my place. I create a cage around the warp entrance to my place, a "holding cell" if you will, with craftbook.

Greifer A steps thru the portal to steal my stuffs. Upon entering my caged warp, he QQ's, unable to break out and take my stuffs.

He can move around and take the warp back, but he cant break through the cage due to LWC protection.
  8. Jul 1, 2010
    Also, as far as Essentials is concerned, if it is put in it will be SEVERELY restricted.
  9. Mar 12, 2008

Also @xombie we had monster hunt before but not many people wanted to play it, or due to too few people wanting to play.

Also on the subject is it possible to make it happen once every few days instead of every night?
  10. Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah, its possible for it to skip nights.

mmoCore (mmoMinecraft)

Always found this to be kind of neat, it adds to the basic leveling system that Minecraft has at the moment that is only used for enchanting.
  11. Mar 12, 2008

We need this plugin NOW
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    Holy shit. This plugin looks AMAZING, we must have it, nownownownow
  13. Nov 14, 2010
    That plugin/mod requires SPOUT, which is far from a small plugin. It also requires that everyone downloads it (SPOUT) separately. It's a nice plugin/mod, but not sure if it'll go over well.
  14. Jan 14, 2008
    Spout is (supposedly) already running on the server side, but I can't log in with the Spoutcraft client until it's updated to 1.1

Spoutcraft is optional. Players can still log in without it but they don't get all the cool shit, just whatever the vanilla client offers. It's a good incentive to use the client. I'm a big fan of it from a couple other servers I used to play on, if nothing else for the graphic options.

For whatever it's worth I vote yes for mmoCore, it will spice up the game a lot and perhaps attract more regular players. The problem with vanilla is it's too much like single player and gets boring really quickly after you've built a solid home. Which is why there a lot of 'abandoned' and unfinished structures. Trade is also a lot more difficult with no transportation hubs/networks and no standard currency, unless you recruit buddies to help build in and around a home area. Yes the server is a lot easier to maintain and admin the simpler it is, but that also means it gets dull for players faster. The reason we don't have a lot of players on is because we don't have many cool plugins. It's like having only a few maps on a cs zombie server.
  15. Sep 30, 2011
    Yes, but the main goal in mind is to amp up the server population in general.
    So any plugin which will require you to download something beforehand is going to keep players aka children away from the server.
  16. Jan 14, 2008
    I consider that a good thing. It's whitelisted and occasional griefing problems still happen. Dunno about you but I prefer to play with respectable PF community members, not random shitheads.

If a download is that much of a problem then you still get vanilla. Seriously, what is all this aversion to using a superior, and free, client?
  17. Sep 30, 2011
    Again, the main goal here is to increase the overall population of the server. That being said I think we would have to move beyond the pF community to expand much further.

@Dharkk - I have a little 18 slot Server working online that I only use to fuck around with things. Soooo, I was thinking that if you wanted to try/test any plugins suggested here before they are put on the server, just let me know.
    I can give you Op,Permission, and access to the Control Panel on the website so you can tweak things.
    Again, this is only a suggestion.
  18. Jul 1, 2010
    Whitelist will almost 100% be staying, and thanks for the offer. I've been testing stuff for haplo just on my own comp mostly, can allocate 2-6gigs to minecraft (have 8) which is usually enough.

Spout has been on the server for quite a while. Currently there isn't a new version for 1.1 so we are waiting for one to actually work again >.<

for mmoCore, it is not required to have SpoutCraft to benefit, but it would help to be able to see the UI.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, new bukkit builds today get the lightblock error fixed for Spout.
  19. Jul 9, 2009
    I'd like to throw redpower in, but heck the port ain't compatible with spout afaik so nvm.
    However i would like to request Lava furnace.
    - no more checking of the furnace if you want to smelt several stacks of e.g. stone
    - no more bucket waste to use lava as fuel
    - also makes lava more useful if you ask me
  20. Mar 12, 2008
    @dharkk speaking of which, is that other server still active? you know, the other one

@firecore, what's wrong with wall of furnaces? This looks *ok* at best but if you use lava for furnaces anyways instead of wood (which is easier to use and lasts longer), i'd be prepared to lose a bucket.