Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Plugin Ideas

Discussion in Minecraft started by Dharkk, Jan 18, 2012

1. Jul 1, 2010
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    This sounds very useful for anyone who uses lots of signs on things. +1 from me.

Also, I'm surprised MCMMO hasn't been suggested yet. (Wiki and download here)
    I know that the server is meant to be primarily vanilla, and adding this would change enough little things to influence the server experience.

Pros:
    - Play time on the server would often be rewarded by leveling something as you do things. That way people don't get too bored as they carve out a mountain for cobble during a project.
    - Different skills have abilities that will aid in speeding up everyday chores on the server (such as the Super Breaker on the pickaxe).
    - Many skills allow extra item drops with increased level, which can really help if resources are tight or just limited (such as glowstone from excavation, since much is already gone from the Nether).

Cons:
    - While MCMMO should interact well with enchanted items, I would pay close attention to it in case there are any bugs, since some enchantment types and skill abilities overlap. Not really a con, but just a note (Test it on another server?).
    - MCMMO speeds up the game. You'll likely be up on your own sooner than you would be normally (home, food, etc.), though requesting aid on the server would solve that just as quickly. (Such as with me, I regularly provide basic resources to new players when I see them.)
    - Extra drops from skills might decrease player trading to some degree, and instead encourage level grinding for self-sufficiency.

It's up to you, and possibly a server vote if you agree and want to check with players for thoughts beforehand.
    I'd like to see it on the server as another dynamic while playing, but I understand the want to keep things ordinary.
  3. Jul 1, 2010
    I would much rather see mmoMinecraft go in instead, its going to me more diverse and offer a lot more customization. Wasn't as impressed with mcMMO in the past.

Running both isn't an option.
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    mmoMinecraft? Haven't heard of it, but then again I don't look much at mods/plugins. I like vanilla, too.
    What kind of customization do you mean? Like server-side options for enabling skills and other things?

And when you say both aren't an option, did you mean to say running either or literally both at the same time? :blink:
  5. Jan 14, 2008
    I played a lot with mcmmo on 1.8, but yeah that was before 1.0 enchanting, alchemy, etc. I have to agree there might be conflicts and it also wrecks the game balance when you get skills high enough. The extra drops from digging and mining were especially wtf. What I'd like to see is plugins that improve trade and interaction between players rather than isolated groups and lots of loners (like me).

Here are a few of my suggestions:

Jobs - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/jobs/
    Get a fucking job! Generates class-based income for:

Residence - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/residence/
    Self-serve area protection. When tied in with some sort of currency/economy, players have to work to buy bigger plots of land.

Unfortunately iConomy died. I'm researching what else is current, maybe Essentials (http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Essentials_Economy) will work. There needs to be an economic core.

Chest or display shops would be nice too, but again most of the ones I'm familiar with from 1.8 have died along the way.

mmoCore/mmoMinecraft seems to be a more complete package... I'm still giving that thumbs up.
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    I am in support of mmoCore (mmoMinecraft)

So... yea
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    Mmominecraft is like MCMMO only more customizeable.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MCMMO but it lost its charm after you were able to jump off a mountain and survive.

If there's a plan for pvp later you'd essentially be unstoppable, depending on how long you grind it out.
  8. Jul 1, 2010
    I'm kind of wanting to stay away from an economy, it would be basically next to impossible to keep everything legit and I've had bad experiences with it.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    Definitely no point now... with half of the players having creative mode... lol
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    Seeks gets creative mode because seeks does as he pleases.

Idk about the other nerds.
  11. Jan 14, 2008
    I'd be thrilled with just a better chat interface. Still waiting on Spoutcraft to update. But yeah fair enough, mmo-anything could wreck the game balance. It would have to be very carefully implemented and tweaked with most of the uber pwnz0r crap stripped out, which would be a lot of extra work for any admin.

Which leaves us few regular players to work out trade and transportation on our own with what we have to work with. Still doable without a lot of fancy plugins but not likely without a lot more dedicated players. Which we don't have, because we don't have fancy plugins to keep ppl interested. Sort of a catch 22.

This is interesting, from the wiki on gold nuggets: On some servers without a money system, Gold is used as a currency as 81 nuggets = 9 ingots = 1 gold block allowing for goods to be purchased. I'm looking for bukkit plugins that might support or use that.
  12. Jul 1, 2010
    I'm up for having Haplo toss on mmoMinecraft.. mmoChat will also be nice I think. I've tested most of the plugins that are used with mmoMinecraft.
  13. Jul 1, 2010
    Currently setting up permissions for some of the plugins that people seem to like/sound good. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will be put in, just that I am putting in the nodes for the eventuality.

So far I have put in nodes for:

- Falsebook (Craftbook)
    - MobArena
    - Worldguard to add members to own regions

These aren't the only one that I think are good, just the ones I have had time to put in. There are several more that either don't need permission nodes (such as mmoMinecraft) or that do and I'll put in later today.

I'm still kind of iffy on Essentials. The plugin is so bloated and people would get next to no access to any of it. At most I'm thinking /sethome, /home, /spawn and all with a timer... a rather long one. I'll continue looking at it and thinking about it.
  14. Mar 12, 2008
    If anything, I would be willing to trade using the gold nuggets... kinda like an impromptu money system. It's pretty reliable, and can be used in lieu of as gold pieces, AND has to be acquired through working for it. (this would work great with a player-player trading system)

You can store it in the form of gold bars/blocks. I like that idea a lot.

only prob is, how much would any given gold (piece) nugget be worth? maybe 2 gold pieces for "x wheat seeds" or 3 pieces for the specialty seeds/sugar cane?

In any matter, we would need a trading table created here (minecraft forums) for reference, with values and pricing.

I took the liberty of doing that in this thread
  15. Nov 14, 2010
    When creative mode is free for everyone to use, let me know.

An economy mod is quite pointless, especially since people have already been playing for a while, and like someone mentioned before, a lot of people have creative mode.

A bunch of mods can be looked into though, that is, if the person/people running and working on the server is willing to configure them, and keep them up to date.

And Dharkk, you can't say it was all that bad, you have to admit, it was a little fun being able to make stands with displayable items to purchase.
  16. Jan 21, 2011

What's the status of MMOMinecraft?
  17. Jul 1, 2010
    Gonna shove it in today as soon as Haplo gets home, that and a few other things. Got a few things I want to get done real quick before that.

In the mean time, although it's not going to go in.. Monster Apocalypse looks like an awesome plugin heh.

This one looks cool as well:

Quarantine
  18. Jul 1, 2010

Also, everyone but one person that actively plays (besides OPs obviously) shouldn't have creative anymore, what I was told anyway.
  19. Mar 12, 2008

also thanks dharkk!

@bella theres already an econ system, it doesnt require a plugin! players trade using golds!

Though there should be an area for creative modes to build w/o disturbing the survival players. I remember things got out of hand when everyone was together and rare mats were being dropped everywhere.

I'm massing gold for the trading system.

Up to about 2 stacks of bars I'm ready

EDIT: I have put together a small (for now) table of values, We could REALLY use a player-to-player trading plugin, preferably one that requires a conformation from both players before anything is traded. Thanks!
  20. EvilCuisine
    This message by EvilCuisine has been removed from public view.
    Jan 23, 2012
  21. Seeker
    This message by Seeker has been removed from public view.
    Jan 23, 2012
  22. Taters
    This message by Taters has been removed from public view.
    Jan 23, 2012
  23. EvilCuisine
    Jan 23, 2012
  24. Taters
    Jan 23, 2012
  25. EvilCuisine
    Jan 23, 2012
  26. Taters
    Jan 23, 2012
  27. Mar 12, 2008
    bumping with this plugin, lets test this one out.

Trade items using an in-game GUI

Tested with dharkk, it looks pretty sweet. It looks a bit difficult to use, but once you get used to it you'll have no prob.

To use this plugin:

1. Type /trade playername
    2. The GUI will pop up. click accept to accept and open the trade window, or decline to stop the trade request.

[IMG]

3. The TRADER will use the top THREE (3) rows of slots, and the TRADE-EE will use the bottom THREE (3) slots. Simply put your offerings in your boxes. The plugin will tell you which boxes are yours, as you can see.

[IMG]

4. When you are ready to trade, press your INVENTORY key (Default E) and it will close the trade screen and bring up the items for offer on the chat box.

type /trade accept to accept the offer and complete the trade
    type /trade decline to cancel the trade completely.

If you are using Spout, which you should be, you will also see a trade confirmation in the upper-right corner of your screen.

NOTE: Your offer will always be on the right-hand side if you initiate a trade, and on the left-hand side when you are invited to trade. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK YOUR TRADES BEFORE YOU ACCEPT! This will prevent getting scammed.

[IMG]