Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Plugin to spawn more zombies after infection

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Badgriuel, Aug 7, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2010
    I was wondering if a plugin could be made that would spawn in more zombies after the first infection. There are two ways I'm thinking about it.

1. It will randomly pick a human to be a zombie after infection if a zombie is inactive for more than 1 minute. So if we have 3 afk zombies it will randomly pick 3 humans to be zombies as well.

2. After infection hits a timer starts for every minute that goes by it will pick 10% of the remaining humans to turn into zombies.

Both don't have to happen at the same time we can pick one or the other.
    Badgriuel, Aug 7, 2015 Last edited by Badgriuel, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    So you and a few others are doing good during the round, holding your spot, suddenly someone turns into a zombie? That's sounds horrible.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Sounds like fun to me, adds a new aspect to the game and can makes things challenging having to fend off an internal threat along with the external threat. That is unless you like the current state of the bland stale game play.
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I think a better idea to make zombies stronger would be the old plugin idea Kyle had to increase their strength as humans win rounds. So if humans win 4-0, and 1 round is left, they have -knockback, +health, +speed, maybe even +jump. If humans are winning that much, making zombies that op seems like a good counter balance. And if zombies start winning a majority, make it scale back down to normal. No nerfs for zombies, only buffs.

round 1: normal
      round 2: humans won, slightly buff zombies
      round 3: humans won again, buff zombies more..

Etc...

I think on top of this, we should brainstorm some more ideas.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Unless the internal 'threat' is a friendly zombie. Then you've just ruined that player's round.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        How is their round ruined? It's not like they can't keep playing.

How will that account for OP spots? Also how would that account for super cades or a large number of people having sustained fire down range?
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I'm using my old phone because lol Defcon, but anyways I can't scroll with large amounts of text. What Penguin describes (what we talked about years ago) is actually implemented in ZME. Personally, if there's an issue I can't fix it, or even know about it in a timely manner. Something's were changed recently and the party responsible for them was gone for well over 48 hours after breaking it... Brian has been a saint, but I can't ask him to babysit or even revert when things go sour, it's just not part of his workload.

Sorry guys, I don't see this being something we're going to implement before summers out, and ZME may never see the light of day here...
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Feb 8, 2013
          I like the idea that it'll continue to choose 10 percent from the crowd randomly. Sounds more real and fun, 'cause no one is confidently "safe". But maybe make it so it's 5 percent chance of random infection at any given time within the 5 minutes.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
            If I'm in a good spot and I manage to survive the initial infection only to get randomly selected with no time left in the round, I'm not going to be happy.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Depending on what setup it won't happen with no time left. Also ur never happy. :razz:
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Sep 25, 2010
                I think that using this incident as a predictor for future behavior is unfair.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Detonator, Aug 7, 2015 Last edited by Detonator, Aug 7, 2015