Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Point of buying Admin

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Nate, May 12, 2012

1. May 12, 2012
    I'm a little confused, why do people pay to watch over a server. and why are they given awesome commands but are not allowed to use them? thanks for your time.
  2. Oct 29, 2010

When I started playing in the servers some time ago, my play times were pretty late hours and there were rarely admins on at that time. Rule breakers often ruined my fun in game, so I decided to become an admin to ensure my fun was not impeded. After some time I started enjoying helping keep the server clean and making sure everyone was able to have just as much fun as me.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      Some users like to show support for our servers and at the same time, help us maintain it by keeping it clean and enjoyable for everyone. Not very many commands that admins get are fun. They all have a purpose and a time for using them, so they do eventually get to use all of them sooner or later.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      IMO, the powers wielded by admins are OVERRATED.

Possession of those powers require RESPONSIBILITY (too fatigued to elaborate ATM).
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Those who don't wish to watch over a server or deal with any of those duties / powers, can simply obtain Donator and enjoy all the perks of admin just without any admin-related powers/privileges (admin commands and some admin only skins, etc). As to why people get admin in the first place I'm definitely not the right person to ask (I've never purchased admin or anything similar on other servers), I'll just let others keep replying with their reasons.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I buy admin because I love the server. I want to give them money to help them cover the costs and I want to help them enforce the rules to keep the game as fun as possible for everyone. This community is awesome and I want to be part of that in any way I can.

/circlejerk
        • Winner Winner x 3
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 7, 2010
          If you ever been to other servers you've seen admins there abuse their powers like crazy and to the point where you really don't want to go there anymore. pF has been a good up-standing community with good standards and great people. Its a place you want to hang out, enjoy and to support the server. That's why I contribute my time and money to pF and I'm sure there are many others which feel the same way.
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • Like Like x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            Its just nice to see your name in light green from time to time. Nice to press those binds and its fun to use the admin chat section.

On a serious note I play on the mg server which admins tend to visit rather than stay unforutunatly, so most of the time I am the only admin. Admins are nessesary on some maps such a smash_cannonz to control the people.

Also admins can keep servers clean of mic spammers.

Also I donate money towards pF because I feel i should be paying them to play thier server. 50cents a day is really not that much imo.

Also admins are only given basic commands Slap, Freeze(never used it), admin chat, beacon, kick (I maybe used this once), ban (Used once).

Admins arn't there to use commands. They are there to keep pF players happy.
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Expanding on what Ghost is mentioning - http://plaguefest.com/wiki/admin-levels/ - fyi.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Feb 20, 2011
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 21, 2007
                Supporting a server which requires money to run and realizing that you using the server to play on is not free for us. The community/other admins and regular players. Keeping asshats/hackers out of the community.

And I am not sure what u mean by "given awesome commands, but not allowed to use them"??? Because I use my admin commands. I think your idea of having admin is just abusing the commands, rather than using the commands to keep players inline and remove rule-breakers
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Dec 2, 2011
                  Ghost i am constantly Just sitting in spec on Mg so idk what your smoking.
                • May 14, 2011
                • Dec 6, 2011
                • Dec 2, 2011
                  Did you not get the inv to Canadians Circle Jerk?
                • May 14, 2011
                • Nov 16, 2011
                  I don't think I have ever seen you on mg once or twice... and mg is my most played server -.- Was I seeing things and imagining you as another adminge?!
                • Jun 17, 2011
                  Because I love the community.
                  The people here are amazingly fun and entertaining to talk to.
                  & Best yet I can help them keep the servers up by being an admin.
                  It's just being able to help those you've become close to.

There's really nothing else to it for me.
                  I can never stay away from pF. It's my home away from home:smile:
                  Besides how can you go wrong if you meet people like @Dani lol :heart:
                • May 14, 2011
                  I am in the GMT time zone, hence you will rarely see me if your from the US and you play late. I go off at around 5-6pm your time. The fact that I am usually the only admin on is linked to this.
                • Nov 16, 2011