Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Point store for ZM

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Orange, Apr 22, 2013

1. Feb 8, 2013
    Hello! I would like to input a suggestion for the rank points we gain in ZM. Do you think you guys can make a store that allows players to purchase gimmicks like skins/custom wears, camo for guns, colorful names, and all those extra-extras with the points we get from killing enemies? I find that very cool because it actually encourages players to care more about getting kills rather than just find a spot to hide as a human or stay afk/wonder around as a zombie. This also makes the points actually count and gives it value and it makes it more as part of the game. A lot of players feel that kills are not important and it does not matter, so I thought it would be quite a good idea to actually make it matter. Again, this is only a suggestion!

:smile:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      Encouraging more aggressive playing sounds like a lot of fun.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          by also making it so donators get points for this store along with the subscription, we can make an enterprise!
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013
            Well, I'm mainly concerned about the points that are left there just to show off, but doesn't really attract players attention. Maybe it would be GREAT if we can actually spend it as we have worked hard for it. I have like 20k points now!!!
          • May 31, 2012
            I would probably gain mappers interest and have certain amount of points allow you to pick up a special weapon or a cosmetic item after gaining kills (kind of like some maps in ZE). This way new players will have the opportunity to enjoy the same perks if it's not for donator/admins only.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            We don't want players having to download more stuff than what they need to when joining our servers. Skins, camo, trails and all that stuff is extra stuff they would have to download.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I'm not really looking into advantage perks, but I would like some cosmetic items. I mean I've seen some servers have these crazy rainbow names, which I find it really cool. Don't forget the trails. We can maybe get some cool looking trails that are usually sticking with the gun on maps, but we can make it separate so we can buy em off the store. That'd be cool! I would actually make the items in the store hard to obtain, so it makes players thirst and actually work for it.
              Post Merged, Apr 22, 2013
              Yeah, but don't downloads only happen like once? After you download it, it'll be there and they don't have to worry about it after.
            • Dec 27, 2012
              I would however suggest that instead of using our ranking points, maybe we could use some kind of credits instead? Ranking points does serve a purpose, and that is to show everyone else what your rank is (duh). If you would use your rank as "credits", it would be more like trading rather than purchasing in-game skins etc, you lose your rank but get cool skins. Of course, you can get your rank up again but I think the rank should remain as it is now and instead use credits; It would make more sense. Create some kind of "store" in which you can access by typing !store(?). Of course, you'd earn credits by killing a certain amount of enemies.

This however would probably result in less donators and so on beacuse they already got some cool stuff to use even without those perks.

Good idea though!:smile:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                I actually thought of that, but I was lazy to change it. Ummm, yeah. I totally agree. I was thinking you gain rank points, but you spend em and it'll go down, but your rank will still show that amount before you spent it. Either way, what you point out is actually good too. I'd much prefer it that way. Although, I'll have to start from rock bottom like the rest of them! NOOOOOOOO! MY 20k!
              • Jan 17, 2013
                i dig the idea of being able to get skins or special guns, but once you start adding too much stuff it gets a bit tacky. if you kept it simple it'd be a rad idea. makes me think of Halo Reach, how you could buy new death actions and body armor with your credits. i just think if it added too much stuff, it'd actually turn some players away from the server. people love PF because it's a straight forward ZM game without all the flashy stuff, y'know? plus some peoples computers wouldn't be able to handle 40 different players skins, guns, trails, bullet tracers and all that jazz. i do like the idea though if it wasn't too crazy
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  no, I was just joking, this is a non-profit organization, right Brian? *cough cough*

anyway, if this is going to be even considered by management, we're going to need super powers to convert those models and stuffs into negligible files size. this is a FastDL server.
                • Mar 12, 2008
                  Doesn't fit with the style of ZM. I'm ok with doing this on MG of course.

And stats have to get reset every month.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Feb 8, 2013
                    I agree with errl for the most part. We should keep things simple, but it would be truly amazing if we can have trails, even if the trails all look the same, just different colors. Any type of moving particles would do. The point is to have that achievement, making it hard to obtain, and when you obtain it, you have that sense of achievement that makes you feel proud. I honestly think this will attract players. Just keep it simple, don't make it like the main reason why people play. Just extra features for the server or servers.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Mar 1, 2012
                      This may seem like a good idea, but its really not imo. Getting it setup is a bitch, and then maintaining it is even worse. People will raise hell if they ever lose any little thing, people will accidentally buy the wrong thing then spam the forums for their credits back or scream that they lost their credits. PF is simple. We'll drive away players by trying to copy everyone else. You'll eventually get to the saturation point where everyone will have everything, and it'll suck.

I personally run very far away from servers that have huge download lists. The only reason I ever waited through the GFL downloads is because I knew about them beforehand. If I had not, I'd have never gone there.

(I understand this is ZM.) We aren't GFL, etc. Lets act like it.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jul 8, 2012
                        Although I agree it would be cool, I agree with Enemy here. Trying to maintain something this trivial would most likely not be worth it. Granted if we could figure out something that would work I'd be all for it. But maintenance, set up, and all things added up it probably wouldn't be worth it. I think it'd be much more of a headache then a plus.

Edit: Cool suggestion and if we get something working I'm all for it, though it probably isn't viable.
                        Zenzr, Apr 22, 2013 Last edited by zenzr, Apr 22, 2013
                      • Jun 11, 2012

Nothing wrong in suggesting something Orange :thumbsup: . I just can't stand trails.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Apr 24, 2012
                          i agree.. points store would be a great idea.
                        • Feb 8, 2013
                          Well, overall, I just want to have something to spend on with the points we gain or will gain (if starting separate points than rank). I find it more worthwhile than just leave the points just to show off...

*I understand it's difficult, not on my part, but Management and LSA's, but if it attracts people (your goal), then why not give it a try?