Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pokemon GO

Discussion in Gaming started by teemo, Jul 7, 2016

1. Oct 29, 2010
    I actually had every intention of going with Anker after reading through the thread, but wasn't able to find any local retailers, I was out all yesterday playing, so Amazon wasn't going to cut it unfortunately.
    Post Merged, Jul 12, 2016
    I don't know if they've said anything about it, if I had to guess they just wanted to keep it pretty simple as the focus is more on catching than battling.

I've had several friendly little social interaction just from chasing down the same Pokemon as others in an area, I'm kinda glad they did it the way they did.
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    Most Pokemon games from before had plenty of hours of gameplay, from leveling your creatures, battling gyms, to doing mini quests and capturing rare pokemons. So, the reason why I feel this game is so incomplete is because they've taken out many of the aspects from what was the original Pokemon. To my understanding, there is just capturing and minor gym battles. I shall stand corrected though. I hope they will implement a lot more into this game as it progresses, and very well in my favor, return to the old style combat system.

I think Niantic successfully created the first Pokemon game that gets gamers out into the real world to play and socially interact with each other to work together and catch 'em all. This is a thumbs up for them. On the depressing side, people are now so addicted that they'll stop on the middle of the freeway just to encounter a pokemon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah I pay for student Prime so It's not too bad for me to just wait two days for free shipping or $4 next day. Sadly I don't know if they're in any stores.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Yeah, I've got prime, just couldn't wait the day or 2, lol.

Out here now at this local outdoor mall, shit is off the chain.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Do any of you have the time to explain to me in detail how to play game, so I can fuck up less when I actually dig into it? I want to grind it quick by using Lucky Eggs, so I'm going to not play 'til I have all the time in the world to walk around all day plus have saved enough candies and all that to evolve pokemons. Double XP everything.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        holy fuck i'm moving to kansas. i thought i was lucky to have 4 pokestops all beside each other. fuck, go for a 30 minute walk where you are and you've got 100 pokeballs. you suck. this is the best area i've found and it's quite far away.

I found these 3 near my house today. Went for a long ass walk and couldn't find shit, so as i was about to give up, i came across all 3 of these all nearby as i was walking back home. I was not disappointed.
      • Dec 30, 2006
        I am so done with this.......I'll wait for the scientific report saying America's obesity is decreasing at an alarming rate.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
          • Jul 20, 2010
          • Jun 11, 2012
            The fitness subreddit are full of people 300lb+ saying they just walked 20miles and feeling better and looking for more tips for fuel food to keep going. This shit is legit, fucking Nintendo solving America.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 30, 2006
              I went to downtown disney tonight. I couldn't even count how many people were staring at their phones with a cord connected to a battery pack. It's almost sad........
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                at least people are actually getting exercise and going outside... so that's a plus
              • Dec 30, 2006
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  Can someone elaborate on why this is so popular? I see this all over my twitter and facebook. Please do know that despite it being always part of my life (seeing all my friends play it etc), I have never gotten into it, and I still can't. I just doesn't seem that special to me. Convince me, as someone who would most likely try to find reasons not to like it, as of why this is once again all so popular...
                • Feb 24, 2011
                  $$$$$POKEDEX$$$$$$$$$$$$
                  $$$$$$$PHONE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$COVERS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

$
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  You are Ash catching Pokemon and fighting other Pokemaster. It's making a generation of socially divided people who are inter connected by devices social again.

Make America Social again.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Dec 6, 2011
                    Those oddly named obscure Chinese product companies already started these 0.02 seconds after the idea of this game was thought up. :silly:

Get a windows 10 tablet and use hotspot, I got full Graceful on OS w/ OSBuddy's agility helper widget. Best shit ever. So many people started doing this since GO came out lol.
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    This is the most uncomprehensible english I've read. This is even freaking words. You made up half of this. wtf is a widget and why are people using it since vista.

OSBuddy? The only buddy you need is your pal, friend.
                    • Funny Funny x 1