Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Populating zego

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by Detonator, Feb 28, 2015

1. Sep 25, 2010
    I wan to create a month long event where we gather up and join at a specific time and play for 1 or 2 hours instead of having events every now and then. First post dates of when you have enough time for this and then post the times you can play at. Make sure to include your timezone. I'm not sure if we should create two times to play at, one for EU and one for U.S. It will depend on people's play times.
    If you have other ideas that might help then post away.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I can play whenever EXCEPT on the weekends which can make things problematic. You know my timezone already so #hue.

EDIT: I am even more limited to play only on afternoons.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        EU ur-oupian person here, GMT+1.
        I can't promise to stay on a strict schedule because work and whatnot, but i'll give it a shot.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Sep 25, 2010

What times of the day can you see your self playing at?
        • Dec 27, 2012
          @Detonator I edited my post. I'm limited to afternoons, otherwise it's all good. Except weekends. Fuck me. God. Damn. It. :C
        • Feb 24, 2011
          It all depends on when i work and whatnot.
          I can't promise that i won't be not feeling it after i come back home either, sometimes i just go right to bed.

gagagagagag
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013
            Thanks for giving us your schedule, haha. :cute:
          • Dec 30, 2006
            So when is a good time for us to raid your house and steal your money?
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Aug 7, 2012
              I'm in, generally available 6-9PM CST weekdays.
            • Feb 21, 2007
              I am usually get on for that time length EST late afternoons and evening time frames (3 or 4pm - 10 pm -ish?)
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I think it's being looked at too selfishly. Of course, WE want players, but how are we going to get players if there aren't that many.

There are currently 6 US ZE GO servers.
              [IMG]
              Only 2 are populated, one has 5 players, and right now only a total of 117 players. The problem isn't that we need to get bring players over, it's that CSGO players need to know that this exists, and that it's functioning now. You can't really split up 117 players. You need to get players to know of the mod first with a promo video or something, then focus on populating our server.

• Like Like x 1
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • Sep 25, 2010
                I like this idea, though without a player base to invite them this will be useless. It'll be great to run this in parallel with the event. Maybe like 1 week into the event.
              • Nov 19, 2010
                GMT +8 :razz: but anytime after Mar 12 is okay for me =)
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Post whatever it is on https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/ or something. Somewhere that isn't focused on something specific (like a forum that is just focused around MG or something), but instead post in that reddit subforum or something similar. Perhaps in the thread you post, inform people that we will be hosting an event for ZE GO on whatever day, and link our thread to it, and possibly our IP to our server. And you can't forget https://rulesofp.wordpress.com/
              • Aug 7, 2012
                :tiger: if we get enough to join for at least a week it'd be enough for a good start.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 9, 2012
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  Ok, I rly dont know why pF servers are so empty (except ZM).
                  The @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: 's idea, which is:
                  What do you really need is contacting (idk if this is correct) famous CS:GO Youtubers, for example Sparkles (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs3GloeEzu5rDlQlSLGrr4A), WarlOwl (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFcHE36IoySjYj1Rytxyog), TrilluXe (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHLywIFGrNhgHxeI1dRpfOg), etc, or maybe some professional gamers (since they have an Youtube Channel), because they can really persuade ppl to come to your servers (Sparkles has 500k subs, TrilluXe 165k, WarOwl 355k), which is some kind of "easy" (Since Sparkles made some videos about some rly good maps, so why not a Zombie Escape Server?).

I heard a lot about the pF Donator (which I never paid), I think is a bit OP related to normal users (IMO). For me, the "Humans Jump and Speed increased slightly" is a kind of overpowered, because make less difficulty to them. You really need to make the server more "stable", in terms of gameplay (I played few times on pF and I think only "No Fall Damage" could be for Donators, the Enhanced Jump and Speed should not exist). Another aspect is the "nominate Donator". I don't know any other server with that. If someone rich is smart, pay a Donator and spam MAKO, MAKO, MAKO (idk if in CS:S is still soooo much playable than before).

@retslag1 , @Detonator and the others I can't remember, I wrote this quickly and is only to make the server better. You may not agree with 90% of this post, but its your server, you try whatever you want.

Greetings,

Hallucinogenic Troll
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    Getting someone famous like that is a good idea. Do you know where i can contact any of them?

As for the donator perks, jump was the only thing that existed. I believe kyle said that something in player classes was broken for speed and it was never fixed. So even the fast zombie moves at the same speed as other zombies. The only thing people get in terms of movement is the increased jump which really isn't that much better, but it definitely makes things easier.
                  • Mar 8, 2013
                    I'll be there if we're playing new, GO-exclusive maps.

not really interested in playing ported maps.