Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Portal 2 Community Test Chambers - Halp D:

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Dirtbag, May 9, 2012

1. May 15, 2011

So, dicking around with the in game editor, I mades ma maps, I plays ma maps. Is all goods, but I has no .vmf to edit in Hammer. :< I has a sads.

@Ghost1995 fix it naow. :>
  2. May 14, 2011
    You need to decompile the map as far as i know, you can also try to just search for the map name in you steam folder. maybe its there. Check the Portal Authoring tool folders as well for the vmf as thats the compiler that is used.
  3. May 15, 2011
    I deed. I no find it. So I QQ'd and came crying for help. I did however find the .bsp. So I guess decompiling is what we will have to do. Which is gay.
  4. May 14, 2011
    G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2_dlc2\maps\puzzlemaker

thats the bsp, the map is made out of instances anyway so the decompile is perfect
  5. May 15, 2011
    Okee dokee Lokee. Thanks for the help Ghostie, baby. :callme:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jan 28, 2012
        I found a bug in the map maker. Excursion funnels going up won't let you ues another excursion funnel from the side to push it out, even though it's reahed the top. The map I'm making is not an intelleul challenge, but an emotional one similar to euthanizing your companion cube. Will probably make it the ending to a series of puzzles.
      • Aug 1, 2011

:grin: @Dirtbag
        • Like Like x 1
        • Aug 1, 2011

URR
        • May 14, 2011
          Omg this thread has been ponified!!!!!!!!!!!
        • Feb 14, 2012
        • Aug 1, 2011

Couldn't resist.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Where the fuck are you getting all this pony stuff. Is there like a spamshitupwithpony.com or something?
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Aug 1, 2011

:grin:
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • May 15, 2011
                @Ghost1995, shit didn't work. De compiled with bspSource and iz all fucked up. U lied, you cocky cock. :<
              • May 14, 2011
                G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2\maps\puzzlemaker

Capture

Capture2

Shit works fine for me, I found the address where your map is found. The address i posted before was the .bsp of the room you start in >.<

Sorry but your comment deserves a "disagree" for the pure rudeness

But i still :heart: u

*EDIT* If you tried to open it in soucre sdk your a derp. You have to use Portal Authoring tools :razz:
              • May 15, 2011
                I did asshole! D: But ya you gave me the start room I thought that was my map or something. Good job.
              • May 14, 2011
                Um where do all SDKs dump .bsp files so the map can be played?

Ummmmmm, thinking.....

The map folder of the game in question?

I dunno I had a hunch about that so i checked out the map folder and guess what i found?

A folder named Puzzlemaker.

Curious because it sounds like the thing @Ghost1995 found before.

I clicked it and guess what I found?

(You can finish this part off)

I still :heart: u though
              • May 15, 2011
                <.> I blame... I blame! Awe, I have no one to blame but myself. :<
                • Friendly Friendly x 1