Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Portal 2... Is FUCKING AMAZING

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ray, Apr 19, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    Since I'm about to go to bed, I'll keep this short. Mostly because I'm at a loss for words.

Seriously. Portal 2 seriously far exceeded all of my expectations. I was expecting Portal 2 to be like Portal 1 with a few new elements, but damn. I was wrong. The story, the humor. The general feel of it... It's awe inspiring. Portal 2 seriously puts Portal 1 to shame (and Portal 1 was awesome). I haven't felt this way about a game since I played HL2 for the first time years ago, and HL2 has, and always will have, a very special place in my heart.

VALVe was not lying when they said Portal 2 was the best game they've made yet. From what I played so far, Game of the Year. Hands down. 11/10. It's awesome too because it's rated E10+.

"How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO."
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    HA! How far are you? I'm somewhere in chapter 6 I think.
  3. Aug 18, 2006
    I'm not going to say anything specific for the sake of keeping this spoiler free. I played for a little over an hour after the said quotation came up in game.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    I'm playing with the repulsion gel. Its almost as annoying as it is fun.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    Humour is excellent, Resource usage ingame is phenomenal for what's going on (mind you tempents appear to be rather expensive). Portal 2 will easily make my game of the year provided another title isn't released.
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    Unfortunately I don't see valve porting CSS over to the Portal 2 engine anytime soon. Our servers would run great. Valve no doubt spent a lot of time in optimizing their code.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Fine, you guys make me want to try it now.. Where did you guys buy it? Is there a good deal somewhere?
  8. Aug 18, 2006
  9. Jun 4, 2006
  10. Mar 31, 2010
    While I do admit Portal 2 is pretty darn good, I may have enjoyed it much more if it weren't for a specific something...

But best game of the year thus far? I'm not sure... It's got some stiff competition -- especially from Gears of War 3... Oouff!! That's one sick game (played the beta which just started yesterday)
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    GoW is just another FPS among many at the end of the day. Portal 2 is actually completely unique.
  12. Mar 31, 2010
    Completely unique? It's already been done 1349 days ago (or 116,553,600 seconds ago -- to make it sound cooler), under the title: Portal.
  13. Aug 18, 2006
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    I'm chapter 3 right now... but I can't get past some chamber :l gonna need to spend some time on that one.

Either way, in multiplayer everytime you make a level glados rapes you or something.
  15. Sep 21, 2008
    I agree it is really fun. I got stuck on one level so I decided to take a break and come back to it later.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    In an hour of play I got to chapter 3 and I'm enjoying hearing all those little sarcastic comments make it even more amusing to play.
  17. Feb 21, 2007
    Guess i'll be getting this game today then, lol
  18. Nov 29, 2010

Ooh man that made me choke a little ahahah
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    Wish the single player was a bit longer though it kept a very good pace and was at least a decent bit longer than its predecessor. All in all though 100% agree game of the year.
  20. Nov 29, 2010
    Just beat it. Oh my god, definite candidate for GoTY