Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Josh, Apr 11, 2011

1. Mar 16, 2008
    I'm currently 13/13 on potatoes and have my portal 2 potato "signature".
    For more information on potatoes.

To get the potato signature, you must play each game in the potato sack for at least one second.

For information on how to get potatoes; you must access login screens.
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    wahaha, I got ray to go for it as well.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    Stop stealing haplo's potatoes how will he feed his kids! :razz:
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Poor Ray, I knew him Potato.. :/
  5. Dec 26, 2010
    I think I am going to get frustrated at some of my games.
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    I did.. I'm willing to help if needed though.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    I still don't understand all of this potato shit
  8. Mar 16, 2008
    It's a scavenger hunt, no one really knows what it is but we know it's portal 2 related. Valve will give the people something for doing it but we don't know what yet lol.
  9. Mar 16, 2008
    More potatoes and an interesting read.
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    Pure speculation. This has not been confirmed.
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    I now have 30 potatoes lol
  12. Aug 18, 2006
    Good for you. I've been too busy to collect any.

13. Jun 4, 2006
    We've all been too busy to collect any! UNLIKE JOSH
  14. Mar 16, 2008

jerkface :frown:
  15. Aug 18, 2006
    Pfft. You should actually take part of the ARG and earn the potatoes instead of reading the Wiki and doing it the easy way. That's the point. The ARG has a meaning. Skipping ahead of the ARG and not following through it, you miss the very essence of it. This was discovered a week ago when people tried to hack their way ahead.

I've been working hard with everyone on IRC to figure the ARG out. The one potato I have in my profile is the result of hours of hard work to try and figure out the solution for a piece of the puzzle.

Valve is not going to be releasing portal 2 early for the potato collectors. The extent of the prize that they give, if they give one in the first place, will probably be a hat in TF2. Id be furious beyond belief if they released the game early to those that went and collected the potatoes and not the people that did the actual work that makes this possible in the first place. That would be the ultimate kick in the balls. 4/15/2011 = 4/19/2011 could mean anything. A new major piece of the puzzle being released. Maybe even a game announcement. Or a Portal 2 demo? I think its safe to say that won't be the case though, considering VALVe said they won't release a demo. If it gets released early, it will be for EVERYONE.

Ever since this ARG opened 2 weeks ago, it's been the thing that's foremost on my mind. Kind of sad, perhaps, but I always love a good puzzle. Especially one that is as big and complex as this one. It will be extremely satisfying when it gets finished as It's been a long time coming. I can guarantee you this though... Whatever the conclusion will be, It will be huge. Personally, I think its going to be the next HL game with clues recently surfacing, which helps support my idea.