Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Porting HL 1.6 rmf to CS:GO

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Woodhead, Aug 29, 2013

1. Aug 29, 2013
    This is my first post on this forum so pleas bear over with my lack of knowlagde.

I used to map for CS and HL 1.6 before the Steam monster came in and have not mapped since then. My youngst son started out playing a lot on GO and I regain my interest in the mapping part after watching the amazing graphic in there.
    I then found my old favorite map from HL and played it with my 2 sons and they asked me to try to port it to CS:GO.
    So I started out reading the old rmf file into Hammer and saved it as wmf. Removed all entities. Makede all and added the nodraw texture. Added info_player_start and 4 t and 4 ct. Ran a "find problem" report and asked it to fix them all. That worked. I now have a very yellow map :beauty: Applied som textures just to see if it worked and it acctually did.
    My question:
    Do you have any idea how the best way to proceed from here?
    Seem that the doors and ladders don't work. Any easy way to fix it or do I need to go over all of them one by one.
    Other ideas?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      You would have to go one by one afaik. :shock: Send me the map you have and I'll take a quick look at it.
    • Aug 29, 2013
      Thanks - I will after work. Writing this in my lunch break ;-)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        lol Its okay, its past 5 am for me, just had my breakfast. In no rush huehuehue :razz: