Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Possible betting system?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 911Trigger, Feb 16, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    Do you guys think a betting system would be a fun addition to the server?
    It doesn't really have to have any reward system for it, just something for fun.
    Perhaps everyone starts with $5 in their ''bank'' and they're allowed to bet a maximum of $20 at the start of every round.

If there could be a reward system for this, perhaps have it unlock something? like:
    - a special ''gambler'' skin which they can use as a human (at around $500 bank)
    - a ''star'' next to their name (i've seen this sorta thing on GG servers i think) at around $2000 bank

These rewards would be unlocked only if u have at least the required amount, for instance if u have $519, u have the gambler skin. If you bet 20 and lose, you will be at $499, thus losing the skin.

This would be a fun feature i believe and there should be a different win return based on who u bet for. (If zombies win, you should receive 1/4 of what u bet. If humans win, you receive 1:1 of what u bet. Since i believe most of the times zombies will win).

There could be other rewards, or no rewards at all, this is just a suggestion.

Although i would like this system, some possible cons i can already think of is:
    -Possible that people intentionally throw the game and try to get zombies to win (thus why u only win 1/4 of what u bet, to mitigate this)
    -Not sure if system can have a seperate bank like this that doesn't include our original bank to buy guns

Anyways let me know if you think this would be a cool addition =D. If not, then feel free to criticize it and let me know why it wouldn't work.

Edit: we could also maybe have it so only donators and admins have the ability to bet, this would limit a lot more intentional zombification.
    I just think this system would promote winning a lot more (since the rewards would be better) and adding a reward would give more meaning to it (wouldn't want rewards to affect gameplay in anyways though besides a skin)
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      This could work on Minigames. Zombiemod/Zombie Escape? probably not.

My opinion, if theres skins involved, I'd set the amount to $1000 or higher, as more of an incentive to use the system.

Interested.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 9, 2012
        yeh, the amount can vary, i just wanted to give an idea of how the reward system can be set up as. of course i would think this may take a lotta time coding and etc.
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Betting seems like a good idea, since MG doesn't have the auto cap for cash plugin. A lot of people are using change to spec then go back on the team, might as well add something for fun
      • Feb 9, 2012
        yeh. i figured the cash from buying guns etc. would somehow interfere with this. is it possible to substitute the money for tokens instead?
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I would've never thought of this before, this is a pretty cool idea. There would definitely have to be some separate system for betting, which I wouldn't know how difficult that would be, but I support this 100%.

I think this is a cool and unique add-on to our servers to have a little bit of fun with while playing.

Also, maybe betting on certain players that turn zombie or not?
      • Feb 9, 2012
        Thanks for supporting my idea!. and yes i think it would be a cool idea, sometimes i just spend my time in spectator watching people play or watching for rule-breakers, this would also help me out also by giving something to do at the start every round.
        I think betting on a certain player wouldn't be too great. for instance : how would the return rate for betting on the player be? what if they become mother zombie? what if they disconnect? and also some people have very complicated symbols in their name, which may make betting on them even tougher. i just feel it's better to stick to the team bet.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Just trying to expand on your idea so it would become more liked. Betting on a "one or the other" might get boring after a while. Though, it would be fun if we were playing Minas to bet on if @Tony Montana would live or not =P
      • Feb 9, 2012
        Oh of course, i didn't mean to sound like i was rejecting your idea, i would be fine with having it. i was just stating that it could get complicated if some people would wanna bet on a guy with some weird symbols (they tend to show up during Mako reactor for some reason..hmm)

And yeh betting for Tony could be funny too, until u lose ur cash xD. then we can all yell at him for making us poor.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        It was on MG for a day or two before and got removed. I couldn't see the harm but for ZM/ZE I can't see it really working.
      • Jul 4, 2011
        I think it sounds like a great idea, on ZE/ZM you could use the betting credits to perhaps purchase additional grenades? I've seen a similar system on another ZE server where you get money for shooting zombies ($1 per 1 damage inflicted, one grenade cost $3000), it encourages players to actually defend rather than hugging the door and rewards the them. Just a thought. :zombiekiller: @Quietly Yell, it would be fun to hear all the people on the mic going "COME ON, TONY, I'VE GOT MY MONEY ON YOU". :ROFL:
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Yes, somewhat like the "zmarket" with the item buying. So it shouldn't be too hard if it was done that way.

And you would just LOVE that attention Tony, wouldn't you? :razz: Would bring so much more suspense and fun to a nooby ZE map :victory:
        • Feb 9, 2012
          Yep, there's so much great ideas that can come from this system. Although i mainly wanted this system to not reward anything that can affect gameplay, i don't think being able to purchase a nade would hurt, but then the reward system would be different from mines xD.
        • Feb 9, 2012
          Getting a couple ratings from this idea, a reply would also be a plus =). it's good to know what people think of the idea and if they have any other suggestions to include/remove/change.
        • Nov 30, 2011
          I totally support this. It really helps people defend more.
        • Feb 9, 2012
          wondering if any server modders/managers are able to look into this and add any comments on whether this is do-able or not.
        • Feb 17, 2011
          I like the idea, though even with the 1/4 payout on maps like Extreme II on Mako, or the last level of Predator, or Resident Evil at all, you're pretty much just farming money. We never win those ones.

Personally, I think we should remove the cash barrier (give free weapons) in buy zones (at the beginning of the rounds), because with such high starting money we really don't have a reason for a limit, do we? As for the money, skins are such would be awesome, and maybe even the ability to purchase grenades outside of buyzones (limited amount per round, of course).

Like I said, if we can find a way to account for the maps we just don't win, it's a great idea.

Or better yet, just make your chance of becoming the mother zombie dependent on the amount of tokens you have, and reward tokens for performance. Goodbye, door huggers.
        • Feb 9, 2012
          Im glad you support this idea, although im not too sure about lessening the chance of being a mother zombie. Of course it'd be a very nice feature for regular players, but i feel it isn't needed and that would make mother zombie selection just a bit more tricky and complicated. but perhaps something like :

-Spend 20 (not sure how the token/cash rates will be) tokens to avoid being zombie for next round. This would be a once per round use, not too costly but would not be cheap enough to spam every round. you would often use this during map stages where u really don't want to become a zombie. and if u weren't going to become a zombie anyways, then you waste the 20 tokens but you're still guarenteed not to become a mother zombie the round after u use it.
        • Mar 19, 2012
          i think that this is a great idea if you can bet to get new skins and i think people would use it because i know there is plenty of people including myself who want new skins. Also i do agree that people would abuse the system so i feel that donators and admins should be the only ones who can use it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008
            That would make a good portion of the server unable to use it.

I'm not in favor of this, only on the terms that it would be a "give us money for better stuff" thing, which if you purchase donator or admin you have 1 (unless no admin renewal) or 2 months of usage, and give an advantage over regular players instead of having something everyone can use. From their perspective, it would be pretty lame to need to pay for all this extra stuff on our server, when other servers (may) already offer it for free.

PF has always been for the players, by the players.
            • Like Like x 1